2 way switching wrong

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noz - when I moved into this house most of the switches were wired the wrong way. It drove me mad and so I pratted about swapping the L1, L2.

I am embarrassed with myself I never thought of turning it upside down (where possible).

This and hot/cold taps wrong way round drives me nuts!

What I'm on about is when you have 2 way switching...

Now normally when both switches are in the same direction then the light is off, but when they are opposite it's on...

What I'm asking is what do you do if it's the reverse??

I've got a bit of this OCD thing on some stuff, but on 2 way switches I couldn;t care less TBH.

Ive seen me in Aggies friends' houses going and getting a screwdriver and changing switches round,

drives me F'in nuts,!

its logical switching patterns.

0 0 = 0

0 1 = 1

1 1 = 0

1 0 = 1

simples.

but if its just a 1gang, turn it upside down, (if it looks the same both ways that is)

"Why's your cooker control unit upside down"?

"Some gobby bloke with a screwdriver popped in for a coffee yesterday"

"Why's your cooker control unit upside down"?"Some gobby bloke with a screwdriver popped in for a coffee yesterday"
some coffee drinking prat beat me to it did they,?

I need to sort that out in future. :D

and why would a cooker switch be 2way exactly? I suppose you could turn the sunday roast on from bed......

It's just my bit of OCD..like - all money (notes) has to be the same way round in my wallet, all clothes facing same way in wardrobe... I've probably got a couple more!
Glad I am not the only one then, All of the above.

All my faceplate screws have to be facing the same direction too.

Sorry to burst everyones bubble here but if you look inside most switches it says 'TOP' at the er top....

This site is always on about following rules so how could you possible break the rule about putting TOP at the top?

Sorry to burst everyones bubble here but if you look inside most switches it says 'TOP' at the er top.... This site is always on about following rules so how could you possible break the rule about putting TOP at the top?
Mk waterproof sockets must really drive you mad then.

;)

guilty, switches must be the right way round, i line up the screws as well :)