2 port valve

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just been to a heating job and the 2 port valve is shot.

can the head only be changed? i.e without getting involved with water?

its a honeywell. it has 2 screws that seem to be holding the head but when undone it didn't seem like it wanted to seperate!

Yeah the honeywell valves just come apart after losening the screws. No need to change the whole thing or get involved with the water end.

Yes the head can be replaced on its own but have found the reason the motor is shot is often the seized valve it operates, so it will burn out the new motor head as well

Suggest call in plumber mate and get him to replace the whole thing.

you could try heating it up with a blow torch then putting a damp rag on it straight after

the shock may losen it

priced up a honeywell valve from heating suppliers and then ebay

ebay was massively cheaper

do any of you get much stuff from ebay

pro's/cons

?

anyone seen a system other than c,s,w,y ?

basically this system has the c plan plan but with the valve in the heating!

?

i'm sure it will still work with a little wiring change

here is how i'll connect it.

any issues ?

heating.jpg

Be careful if its a very old valve as heads cannot be changed on them I found that out as I got soaked with boiling water once. If its a newer one should be no problem to change it I did one today actually and that was a Honeywell.

Sorry but yes the head comes off with a wiggle but make sure when you undo the 2 set screw it acually does not undo the nut it goes into as that has a threaded screw which may let some water out of the system.

here's the cheap replacements just the head

depends on the problem, sometimes i just swop the motor. 10 pound... sometimes just the micro switch ...

the head should pull off easily beware so of the older heads are sat n a card seal and the system needs to b drained or swopped quickley live .. :

yes i am serious they can be swopped live . :) plenty of wrags and plastic bag and a bucket ... fairley easy job/.

what about the way the system is plumbed up JL!

i've not seen any "plans" like it

altho i can make it work just worried about any expansion or flow issues

TIA

cplan029.jpg

i would upgrade it to be honest,

but if its just like for like fit the 2 port and wire it the same.

its not really a plan just a cheap heating install. dont get confused with all the different plan names.. just look at what u have got and wire it accordingly. :)