Telephone Cable...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
...Which do you use? And stock on the van in your shed/workshop etc?

To cover broadband uses too.

Many Thanks.

I keep 3 pair white for internal stuff and have 2 pair black and a bit of 2 pair white for external stuff. If its going underground will use tlc 5 pair black.

6 pair white

i have to

thats all i could nick from the BT mans van........

Martyn,

Can you remember what the one was that you gave to me?

I use anything from 2 pair CW1308 to 50 pair CW1128. Anything with more pairs\more armouring etc... is to order and is rarely used. I currently have in stock 2, 3 & 4 pair CW1308 white, 3 pair CW1308 black and 25 & 50 pair CW1308 in white. Probably more somewhere, in fact there is loads of random duct grade stuff in the shed, not got specs to hand sorry.

So my option for the poll would be 'all of the above'

:)

As for broadband, makes no odds, the broadband signal has travelled for miles across crappy old cables and mud\water filled joints etc... so the last few metres round the house will make no difference to the signal if it is installed properly. All these 'Gold Plated Screened High Speed ADSL Leads' and suchlike are for the Russ Andrews believers.

erm.......not offhand - why?Though it should have been 3 pair white........maybe:pray
Because I have already fitted it Mate, therefore, I know it works for what I want it for, and I will the get that. :)

Thanks Chum.

:D

Because I have already fitted it Mate, therefore, I know it works for what I want it for, and I will the get that. :)
For wiring phone extensions in the UK 2 pair CW1308 will be fine.

Concur - I just * happened* to have 3 pair in stock.

Mind you, **anything** will work - 2 pair, cat5, even 3 core flex (though I wouldn`t suggest its use - Though I have used 8 core alarm cable when I didn`t have enough 1308 to finish the job :)

1 pair should work too as the ringer is soo last millennium.In fact clipping it can enhance DSL.