Home Decorating!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok boys and girls...

we just been and dun another Bank Holiday weekend...

two more approaching fast in May!!!!

Anyway Bank Holiday normally = Jobs in the house or Garden...

I just been summoned, (by the gaffer), back onto the internal House decorating.. (Painting! :eek: :_|) over the Easter weekend....

I was just wondering when having to do decorating what is your preferred weapon of choice to apply the ole' paint?

:| ?:|

Depends how much mess I want to make. Paint pad does a good job without getting paint everywhere, decent roller and paint should keep mess to a minimum, rubbish sleeve on the roller will get it everywhere as will rubbish paint.

Usually I'll go for a decent sleeve and some decent paint, occasionally paint pad and decent paint. Always use decent paint, not neccesarily branded, but decent. Either find a couple of local decorating trade places or the local Dulux Centre.

Horses for courses SL. For gloss paint I always use a brush. For emulsion on larger areas roller or paint pad, cutting in with a brush. Outside I have a spray gun that runs off my compressor that I use for stains/preservatives.

The HVLP spray guns look fun for indoor use, but my cheap spray gun on the compressor sometimes spits a bit and I wouldn't trust it in the house.

Do fancy one those self feeding Dulux rollers for larger areas.

Horses for courses SL.
Trust you to bring Animals into the topic!

Do fancy one those self feeding Dulux rollers for larger areas.
Too much pop GuinnessGuinnessGuinness

and tired eyes......

At first I thought that said

"Self Loading Durex":O:O:O:O:O:O

makes the mind Boggle!!! ]:) ] :) :Blushing

Brush for gloss and cutting in, roller for walls and celingNot that i paint tho :)
I should ruddy well hope not!!!!!!! :eek: :O:O

Thats what Admin1 is for! X(

:^O :^O:^O

OR.........................

Have you reached the stage where the kids want to do some of the painting?headbangheadbangheadbang

Avoid it like the plague! ;)

Speaking of Brushes.....

all Brush work MUST be a proper natural hair brush! :D :Applaud

not these man made crappy things that just don't give any smooth flow or finish to the paint. :_|

I do most of it with a roller and the boss does the cutting and the glossing

i hate glossing X(

Speaking of Brushes.....all Brush work MUST be a proper natural hair brush! :D :Applaud

not these man made crappy things that just don't give any smooth flow or finish to the paint. :_|
I do use those crappy cheap brushes for gloss and have decent ones for water based paints. Gloss ones get chucked after the job.

cut in with brush and roll everything els, use mini sponge roller for gloss, get decent paint and dulux anti mould works really well for bathroom.

cheap cheap brush and rollers are know good, bristles and bits everywere.

b&q do a brush pack for about