MCS Accreditation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exbdc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At Apache's suggestion I am starting a poll to find which members have or intend to get the MCS approvals.

Judging by the results so far, I may be the first one to go for it then - sort of a guinea-pig....????/

TRAILER-BOYO! Did you vote "possibly"? You`re a natural "guinea-pig", aren`t you?

You go first, then!

I do not think I would need it per say the NICEIC do their own I think and if I was in the future to do anything I would go with them.

I think thats right anyway, but I may be way off would be nice if anyone who knows to confirm, or am I talking jibberish?

I did look into it (albeit half heartedly) a while back & couldnt see me making anything at it just yet.

Another yearly outlay of

Judging by the results so far, I may be the first one to go for it then - sort of a guinea-pig....????/TRAILER-BOYO! Did you vote "possibly"? You`re a natural "guinea-pig", aren`t you?

You go first, then!
I do not think I would need it per say the NICEIC do their own I think and if I was in the future to do anything I would go with them.I think thats right anyway, but I may be way off would be nice if anyone who knows to confirm, or am I talking jibberish?
where is my box?

I start a 3day course tomorrow.....

DI guys, Im not sure how it works for you, but it states you must be part P full scope, I assume that DI would be included, and that its to stop kitchen fitters etc,

G-H, Im NICEIC as well (QS for a firm) and you still must have the MCS accredition, whether it be with a NICEIC course or ANother.

the BIG cost is your REALASSURANCE(I'll check the name) membership, its nearly

Cheers mate if you let me know what is what I would be gratefull.
No probs,

once I get this over with I am going to try do something along with the PV install and put it all in one place,

hopefully I can write something up and one of the more Techy people on here will put it together with proper links and all that,

I'll get some reading material up in a bit tonight for you all.

G83/1 is deffo a requirement

I am a recently qualified 17th edition domestic installer, the solar renewable market has been attracting my interest greatly since I started my training just over a year ago and i

My worry with all these ideas how long will they last and will they last long enough to pay for themselves. Been to a couple of jobs where they have had solar panels that have failed and what these companies charge to install them will take a few years to pay for themselves.

The thing that gets on my **** is that everytime a new idea comes out, the government decide to make a bull poo scheme up to make money!! GRRRR!

The thing that gets on my **** is that everytime a new idea comes out, the government decide to make a bull poo scheme up to make money!! GRRRR!
The tax us for everything else so a new idea has got to be taxed too.

You have to remember that the supply companies do not want anyone to install anything that saves energy, and that is the only reason for the high expense required to fit them.

You have to remember that the supply companies do not want anyone to install anything that saves energy, and that is the only reason for the high expense required to fit them.
Is it not a double edged sword - they want you to buy their expensive electricity, yet will get fined if they don't have a certain percentage produced by 'green' methods?

For the 2 people who have it, any chance you could give a breakdown of actual costs??

I nicked this from another forum :innocent

A renewable energy forum, maybe we should have an area for green energy??

Mark, I hope you have deep pockets. For solar installer your choice is between BRE, HETAS, ELECSA and NICEIC at the moment I think.

I have a copy of the fee list from NICEIC:

Initial Application fee (non-refundable)

Hi Guys,

Just a couple of things which may be useful regarding MCS Accreditation and the costs involved.

For accreditation for Solar PV I would allow a budget of