Envelopes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyway....

there I was printing and posting some work letters and stuff..

and me blooming envelope didn't stick proper..

had to put the Pritt glue on it!!! :_|

previous batch of envelopes I got were them where you peel the strip of paper off the self seal adhesive bit..

But this current batch are those dry-seal that you are just meant to bring together for them to stick....

but it looks like they are losing their stick!

It just made me wonder what sort of envelopes others use?

I will go back to the ones you peel the strip off next time I think? :|

I use the ones where you peel the paper off the adhesive strip - Peel & Stick i think they are called. I also print my logo on the flap, so people know where the letter has come from.

Self Seal for me too, But I too, Have had the ones that you speak of, and they're Carp.

I thought it was just me I have boxes of the damn things that don't stick so last lot I brought were the ones with the strips. Out of interest were do people buy them the duff ones came from viking.

Its the Tesco own brand rubbish
Funny you should mention that. I bought mine from a store called "Hyper", which sells cheap stuff. They were Tesco Value envelopes too. So Tesco must realise how ****e they were, and flogged them to this cheap store.

i use 'staples' envelopes, very good, i buy 100 a time and never have problems with stickyness. Does everyone use window envelopes?

I don`t use window envelopes, but I DO use "Staples" self-stick. I bought a box of 2000 last year - They`re still alright :)

I also print my logo on the flap, so people know where the letter has come from.
So do we - one of those self-inking "freebies" from Vistaprint ;)

it makes me laugh how putting your name on the lip of the envelope helps people know where its from, even though they can open it and it will tell them.

But i'm the same, theres about 2seconds of checking the envelope out before you open it, to see if you can tell where its from.

I voted other cause I use a real mixture,

depends if its A4, bog standard letter, jiffy bag or a window.

the less used ones are just lick and stick, jiffy bags by buying are peel and stick etc.

I voted other cause I use a real mixture,depends if its A4, bog standard letter, jiffy bag or a window.

the less used ones are just lick and stick, jiffy bags by buying are peel and stick etc.
There's Always one awkward sod! ]:)