Ashes to Ashes..... Ruddy Iceland... Moms gone to!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK........

It appears that those magnificent men in their flying machines can to up tiddly up up...

not down tiddly down down!!!!

What does every one reckon...

was the flying ban over cautions...

or about right?

?

My understanding is that the dust turned to glass when heated by the engines. This glass then coated the internal parts of the engine, causing the engines to fail

Thing is they banned flights as a safety precaution so airline are slating them over that, if they hadn't and planes started to fall out the sky they would have been slated for not banning flights.

What ever they did they have been damned for banning flights and would have been damned for not banning flights

A no win situation.

i think they went too OTT. we know (since its happened before) that flying through the ash causes severe engine damage. but thats flying very close to source. they should have closed airspace for a few hundred miles around it, and continue to fly. and maybe alter routes to more south of it

because of all this, ive had to go to Gatwick & back to take my dad to the airport, since the newcastle flight was cancelled. i probably should be sleeping now, after getting 2 hours sleep between 6.30 and 8.30......

BA 009 (Boeing 747 in perfect working order) Malaysia, April 1982.AndyGuinness
Yep the pilot got the engines going again after cutting out and a slight free fall

the ban was right, but maybe for a little too long.

Thing is, once the bans been said, no one really wants it on their head to lift it. Just incase.

I voted they did the right thing can't be too careful would not want to be hit by a crashing plane. Although I don't really care never use planes.

the ban was right, but maybe for a little too long.Thing is, once the bans been said, no one really wants it on their head to lift it. Just incase.
:Applaud :Applaud:Applaud

I think you have hit the nail right square on the bonce there Sellers...

Obviously flights had to be stopped to evaluate the situation and weather conditions etc...

But once stopped.....

WHO would have the big enough "man dangley bits" to say its all ok boys get your planes out!!!!

I suspect with so many departments evaluating, monitoring and testing the situation as it progressed...

everyone was waiting for everyone else!!!!

:_| :_|

I don't want to be sued if your areoplanemachine falls out of the sky!!!:| X(

A pilot on the radio made a very good comment,

line up ten 747s and tell the people they had to sign away all their rights to fly home,

you would fill all the planes instantly,

now you have the major problem of finding the 10 pilots to fly these planes.

because they understand the dangers.

I have intentionally excluded co-pilots and other flight staff on the grounds of clarity and simplicity.