This flying ban thingy....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive had to take my dad from newcastle to gatwick, since the newcastle-gatwick flight was cancelled. but he's now on his plane to florida

also know other people who are stuck in spain (but not complaining!)

Friend of mine is stuck with his family in Lanzarote. Texted me to say the air-line had refunded the cost of his return flights & that he was to rebook when the ban was lifted.

Not sure if that's legal but it sounds like profiteering as flight prices have gone sky high (no pun) due to supply & demand.

parents are stuck in portugal, they arent complaining and my mate has totally missed his holiday to lanzarote, he is complaining!!

Brother-in-law & partner + 2 kids stuck in Majorca, managed to get to Barcelona where his boss had booked him & partner + kids on a flight to Dubai (for work). Spainish Air space closed 20 mins before boarding. Travelled to Paris by hire car so he could get to his Paris office. Is now being flown home business class with his girlfriend and kids on Thursday at a cost of

He's european sales director come company trouble shooter for a company that manufactures projectors/screens/multi screen systems, that are used by defence/tv companies/civil defence depts/wealthy arabs/ and anybody else with money to burn.

Two months ago he was in Moscow at the cremlin to over see the refit of the underground bunker cinema. He & his mate got a personal tour round the place from Putin.

So if a country's defence dept has a problem with any kit supplied & wants him there he's sent with little or no notice.....

65K is small change compared to the cost of the kit he sells/installs/fixes.

Not bad for a bloke that started at the company as a bench test engineer.

Had a call from a friend of ours tonight.. they just landed back in UK from Eygpt.....

Only about 1 week late!!!!!

dunno about costs and refunds yet.... but were probably gonna speak again over the weekend.. :|

I think the Easter holiday factor has made far more impactions on bog-standard-families doing a bit of holidaying while schools closed!!

My sister is due to fly out to tenerife on friday,

a teacher at kids school is stuck out in cyprus.

Can you add another option please. YES ME!!!!!!!

Was in Monaco for a week and flight was cancelled for tuesday and they offered us another on the following wednesday (more than a week later) but wouldn't pay for loss of earnings etc..

Ended up hiring a bigger car and driving for 16 hours (I had a 45 min break where someone else drove until she kept running over the rumble strips) to dieppe and got the ferry back to newhaven.

Can you add another option please. YES ME!!!!!!!Was in Monaco for a week and flight was cancelled for tuesday and they offered us another on the following wednesday (more than a week later) but wouldn't pay for loss of earnings etc..

Ended up hiring a bigger car and driving for 16 hours (I had a 45 min break where someone else drove until she kept running over the rumble strips) to dieppe and got the ferry back to newhaven.
Will you get any of the money back?

Not sure yet as we didn't take the option supplied by the airline.

me mother out law,

:Applaud :Applaud:Applaud:Applaud:Applaud

but she finally got here tonight,

she lived in spain and sold her house last wednesday, so booked a flight fri morning, put all her furniture in a container, (it was here monday), and her and her partner have been homeless since,!!!!!!!

bloody HOBOs,,,,,,,,,

at least I have one over on her now. :D