Are Rabbits Dumb?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PC Electrics

Reaction score
My eldest lad has a black Netherland Dwarf rabbit. He lives outside and has free run of the garden.

He doesn't like me, 'cos I'm the ogre who locks him in his hutch on cold nights (otherwise he's outside 24/7).

But one thing I've noticed over the 2 years we've had him is that he never 'says' anything.

So, are rabbits dumb?

As an aside, I saw a common buzzard fly overhead this morning at about 200 feet. Beautiful sight (they're becoming more common round here). He obviously didn't spot Jasper (or just wasn't hungry). Could a common buzzard lift off a 2.5kg rabbit?

My eldest lad has a black Netherland Dwarf rabbit. He lives outside and has free run of the garden.He doesn't like me, 'cos I'm the ogre who locks him in his hutch on cold nights (otherwise he's outside 24/7).

But one thing I've noticed over the 2 years we've had him is that he never 'says' anything.

So, are rabbits dumb?

As an aside, I saw a common buzzard fly overhead this morning at about 200 feet. Beautiful sight (they're becoming more common round here). He obviously didn't spot Jasper (or just wasn't hungry). Could a common buzzard lift off a 2.5kg rabbit?
i didnt know rabbits could talk, apart from peter rabbit that is ! :^O :^O:^O:^O:Applaud

I take it you are asking me two questions:

1. So, are rabbits dumb?
  2. Could a common buzzard lift off a 2.5kg rabbit?
You are correct, rabbits can't speak. They can scream! Really loud.

No a buzzard couldn't lift such a heavy bunny. AFAIK they often feed on dead animals, but will kill smaller ones.

which came first the chicken or the egg?
093_Came_First.png

my girlfriend has a couple of rabbits one was a Netherland Dwarf that lived outside 24/7

untill one morning we found him half dead with an eye missing, could have been a cat, magpie or crow or a combination

they do grunt a bit, no english as of yet

my girlfriend has a couple of rabbits one was a Netherland Dwarf that lived outside 24/7 untill one morning we found him half dead with an eye missing, could have been a cat, magpie or crow or a combination

they do grunt a bit, no english as of yet
A rat is the most likely. Possibly a mink/stoat/weasel.

My eldest lad has a black Netherland Dwarf rabbit. He lives outside and has free run of the garden.He doesn't like me, 'cos I'm the ogre who locks him in his hutch on cold nights (otherwise he's outside 24/7).

So, are rabbits dumb?

Neither would I if I was your lad locking me up in a hutch for the last 2 years thats bloody child abuseROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL