How much cash tied up in stock do you have hanging around?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just been sorting out some of me stock seeing what I got and what I need to top-up a bit......

Cables, accessories, fixings etc...

got me wondering ..

On average how much stock do you have hanging around..

NOT tools or test gear... Just consumable stock?

either awaiting for a specific job or

just kept for emergency unplanned work?

:| ?:|

Too much for just me and my van, I don't have a garage to put it in.

I like having everything though, be prepared and all that. Always buy more than I need. Must have almost 10 of every accessory, loadsa back boxes, a drum of everything, a couple of drums of SWA and SY. The odd decent thing I've stripped out, loadsa MCBs. Which Is why I get about 20mpg.

too much..... voted 1500-2000, but in reality it may be a lot more . and thats just the stuff thats not in my van

sellers - and i thought my van was bad at about 23mpg!

Must have a couple hundred MCB's for different boards, tend to have a box each of most common accesories and reels of 1.5T&E, 1.5 3&E, 2.5T&E and 4.0T&E.. also got reels of 6TP, 6 core alarm cable, FP100, coax and a good few reels of singles (1.5, 2.5, 4.0 & 6.0)

also have a good few lengths of trunking/conduit of various sizes and a length of 4" soil pipe for extractors.

I've also got some things that I bought for jobs and then never used, like 14 x 3 pin "clik" type roses and probably other stuff that I've forgotten about..

And that's with seriously reducing my stock levels over the last year or so...

We got a bit busy and things got on top of me, but i dont know how much it is worth!

anyone want to guess?? :p

IMG_0575.jpg

I carry as little as possible, but I do collect odd MCBs and keep a few come-in handy spares. I view it as money tied up in parts is capital tied up and goes against my previous 'lean manufacturing' training.

we did stop going in there as it was a bit unstable theres appliances under there that were not sitting flat and the pile could 'rock', as soon as i got a day off the lot was loaded on a lorry.

this was the pile once pulled out.

I will get a pic of the garage now its like a proper store room, i never realized how much gear i had.

IMG_0577.jpg

he was a bin liner man i clearly have rubble sacks! :p

Latest posts