Are you busy?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
More for the self employed lads and lasses on here.

Are you busy and which scheme provider are you with? I'm going through a bit of a dry patch at the moment with bits and peices here and there.

Lets call busy with about 3 weeks work booked in, more if you have employees.

i went for napit busy but im not sure napit have much to do with it! No-one i work for cares what scheme provider i am with, but i realize this is not always the case.

About 8 weeks ago i was the quietist i have been in years the apprentice had two days off which hasnt happened since he has worked for me. I was not a happy bunny.

About two weeks later i was working on larger jobs than i have ever taken on before. Couldnt believe the difference in just a matter of weeks. My phone still doesnt ring like it used to but im trying just to stick to bigger jobs and there looks to be plenty of them on the way.

Im never booked three weeks infront of myself as i try to be flexible 1-2 week is far enough at the moment.

Its just a test, done a few estimates and 2 customers wouldn't stop talking about NIC, one of them had a previous quote where the sparky said you had to be NIC. Just wondering if its loosing me work?

I'm not busy at all with my own domestic customers. Just getting the work off my 3 regular builders at the mo.

did the customers actually mean nic or was they 'nic' as a generic term for qualified / approved electricians?

I used to think i lost out on work as i wasnt nic, now im not so sure, and is the size of jobs im loosing out on too big for me anyway? possibly.

Same here really dont get the domestic calls i used to, nearly all my work originates from builders / self builders. Which means i dont charge as much as its on going work but pretty much stress free and nice projects to be involved with so im not complaining.

If it goes quiet again i know i wont stress out as much as i did last time blood pressure went through the roof!

I have had a few disasters over the last year, all my eggs in one or two baskets.

I am busy at the moment and I have had only one weekend off in the last two or three months.

Not very busy on the domestic side, if I had my choice I would not even touch domestics again but work is work.

Unless its new builds I tend to avoid "builders" like the plague, they want everything done cheap and nasty yet walk away with all the profit, or use a mate who once saw some cable in a house and now knows how to do it.

same here wozz at the moment im steady got a couple of weeks ahead and with not as much stress other than financial which is like eveyone, but although im not charging as much my larger customers are giving me more work anyway

I have a lot on at moment but don't think it matters who you are with as long as you are registered and can sign work off you should get the work when it comes in.

Working through pre-booked work still, but I have noticed the phone isnt ringing as often for quotes. Have put it down to peeps not wanting to do anything untill election & next budget is all sorted.