If Part P were revoked??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see that happening.

If anything, regulations are only going to get more stringent?

:|

You may laugh, but it only takes another MP's relative to get zapped for the legislation to magically appear...

You lot beat my poll....Didn't the Conservatives say they were going to revoke Part P and any other un necessary "red tape"??
You are mistaking unnecessary with badly implemented.

I doubt it would ever happen but I think I would just swallow the pride and just up to AC.

I never bothered because it was not required, whereas Part P was.

However thats a joke in itself.

Most of my work is commercial and small industrial, so I guess I should do it anyway my assessor said on the last visit that I was a stubborn so and so for not doing.

The thing is with so many part p providers theres no pride in being governed by one.

I chose to opt up to AC as I think theres a good sense of pride in doing your job right and being part of a group that recognises that. Even though you pay through the nose for it.

I do agree with the pride thing, I always take pride in my work but its so that if any electrician follows my work he will say it was a good job done. I always tell customers when I find a good install that its been done very well. I also tell them when its a bodge up.

Its unlikely Part P CPS will be scrapped all the time it is making money for both LABC and the Govt. and with the costs of our membership they must be making a load (plus all that tax paid on profit by the little clubs too).

Its unlikely Part P CPS will be scrapped all the time it is making money for both LABC and the Govt. and with the costs of our membership they must be making a load (plus all that tax paid on profit by the little clubs too).
It's not the great money maker you'd think it is (for your LABC, anyway;))

If you have ever spoken to your LABC you will find that they think that it's more of a bother than anything else, they are also not allowed to make any profit from the fees that they collect for notifications.

if part p was revoked i would hope they would introduce something that is more stringent and further reaching.

An interesting time ahead ..Part P is a document in building control so I cant imagine the local authority would want that to disappear so maybe more stringent controls on the horizon to make things even more confusing for the consumer. :_|