DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Sign in to follow this  
ElectekAir

Small Business start up problems

ElectekAir

Just a thought to help the new business start up's.

When i started i used to quote the materials and labour sepreatly.

Had one customer who refused to pay as it did not take as long as i quoted it would.

Changed that very quickly

kme

Tip:

Although I always have (and still will) quote materials, labour & certification as seperate costs, I do NOT provide a written breakdown of the labour per hour.

What I DO is to add on a few hours for "unforeseen problems". Explain that you have done this to the customer, with the note that you will remove that cost from the invoice if there are no unforeseen issues.

KME

sellers

I put one price for the job. Customer gets the job I get the money. Simples. I only split materials with labour if the materials are expensive or more than you would think.

If a customer asks how long I'm very vaigue but usually quite accurate, if they quible explain that doing there job means you can't fit another one in that day etc....

green-hornet

If your Vat registered and not in possession of a full VAT payment (ticket)? whatever, under the contractors payment system you would have to put materials and labour separately, if you subcontract that is.

NozSpark
If your Vat registered and not in possession of a full VAT payment (ticket)? whatever, under the contractors payment system you would have to put materials and labour separately, if you subcontract that is.

You mean if you are subcontracting and being paid by the CIS route (which all subcontractors should be) then you bill materials and labour separately and then get taxed (IR) at 20% on the labour.

Nothing to do with VAT!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.