new AM2 TEST

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

searley

Reaction score
This was the NEW AM2 test i have just done.

Section A (approx 7.5 hours)

Hi mate how did you find it? I have mine next month!

- Is there still a landlords overide?

- Is it three phase main incoming to feed the TP&N board, then SWA from one phase to feed consumer unit?

- Is it only the consumer unit and motor circuit fed from the TP&N board?

- Is the consumer unit a split RCD?

- Is the cabon monoxide detector wired as a 6a radial in FP200?

- How difficult is motor circuit? (never wird one and never used SY cable)

- How did you find the heating system? Never ever done any of it

- Do you only have a continuity tester for fault finding?

Sorry for all questions :)

Thanks - help much appreciated

- Is there still a landlords override? NO

- Is it three phase main incoming to feed the TP&N board, then SWA from one phase to feed consumer unit? THE DB WAS ALREADY WIRED ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS PUT THE BREAKERS IN THE RIGHT ORDER FROM THE PLAN ON THE WALL AND WIRE THEM UP.

- Is it only the consumer unit and motor circuit fed from the TP&N board?

- Is the consumer unit a split RCD?

- Is the carbon monoxide detector wired as a 6a radial in FP200? YES THROUGH A FUSE SPUR

- How difficult is motor circuit? (never weird one and never used SY cable)YOUR FEED GOES IN TO THE TOP OF THE SWITCH BOX AND THE FEED FROM THE MOTOR GOES INTO THE CONTACTER AT THE BOTTOM THE CABLES ARE NUMBERED 1,2,3 SO YOU NO WHAT TO WIRE AND WHERE.

- How did you find the heating system? Never ever done any of it. NOT BAD THE DRAWING IS VERY GOOD AND CLEAR AND EASY TO FOLLOW

- Do you only have a continuity tester for fault finding? CONTINUITY TESTER AND A INSULATION RESISTANCE TESTER YOU CAN`T SEE THE FAULTS THEY ARE JUST BUT ON FROM SWITCHES BEHIND THE BOARD AND YOU HAVE TO SORT IT FROM THERE.

Just a couple of questions as im currently preparing for the new AM2 test. FP200 circuit; what is the correct gland size? and what are the terminations?

The lighting circuit; do you 3plate at the light?

Any more information possible on the Heating circuit?

any other tips will be most grateful as i am taking it in 2 weeks.

also it mentions about a risk assessment, what kind of things do i have to look for?

Many thanks

Just wondering are you allowed to use your own tools? Am2 booked for end of this month.

Does the SY flex have a separate earth and do you use a banjo or normal lock nut?

Are the overload settings printed on the motor and you just need to set it, or do you have to calculate it? (if so how?)

i have mine booked for end of the month too and i got told by the letter that we are allowed to bring screwdrivers, cutters and pliers, calculator, pen and paper!

On the testing, do we have to fill out BS numbers?

only thing you can`t take is a stanley knife.

you just fill in test sheets as normal so numbers are on breakers and so on.

Do you have to put a price of armoured to feed the board or is the armoured only on the commando socket

Is there any RCDs in board or circuit?

When testing insulation resistance for motor, did you need to disconnect it or just test either side of contactor? (can you test 500v on motor?)

on the motor take them out and connect them in a connecter block for r1+r2 and keep them there for insulation resistance.

Why would you need to take them out for r1+r2?

When doing insulation resistance does it not only test up to the starter as the contactor is not in? So would I need to do insulation resistance both sides of starter. (if so can you use 500v setting on motor side)

Hi searley, i would be grateful if you could explain the lighting circ it to me please.... a wiring diagram would be perfect to be honest.

also why the use of a spur on the fire "safety" circuit? thanks.

They only give you the right amount of connectors that they want you to use so you have to connect the wires at the switch and use connectors for earth`s & neutrals.

two way AM2 style.jpg

Latest posts