Directory of UK Electricians

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hi All,

Some of you may know that I have been working a lot, behind the scenes, on our new version 4 of the forum.

The code system is completely different from the current version 3 that we are using and as we have a lot of "Mods" they have to be updated or renewed, totally.

I have re-done the code for the "Directory of UK Colleges", and have added a "Logo upload facility, and the uploader can also add a link in it where they want the user to be diverted to" ONLY to college websites, and this is something I will be monitoring.

Previously, I had to do all the coding and re-directs manually. And that is hard, time consuming work. :(

When I did it manually, I did add "Alt" code. For those who don't know what that is, it is the text you see where you mouse over an image.

There is one more huge thing that I need to tackle with respect to thise directories and they will be sorted.

The only other thing holding us up is "TEF Auctions". The original person who made that, hasn't supported it for a long time. In fact - he has now completely stopped and gone to ground. (And I had to buy that and pay Annual fees for it).

I currently have a new coder working on that, but so far, it has taken a long time. I have asked him to add a couple of new features if he can. The cost is going to be around

Do have a sort of a logo, due to current changes have downgraded this to a company name in a particular "typestyle".

May be a nice to have.

Easy decision so far. As yet I do not have to add this feature as none of you have logos. :|