Boiler flue questions

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Fox

Reaction score
Hello Mr JL

I am thinking of having an extension built on the back of my house. The kitchen is currently at the back and has the boiler on the wall venting striaght outside throught the wall. But this wall will become an internal wall so is it possible to put the flue through the wall as it is now then pipe it out of the roof? Can this be done on any boiler? I do intend to replace the boiler for a combi but intend doing that after the building work. The way I want to do the extension I won't have anywhere to put the boiler on an outside wall.

I'm only in the initial planning phase at the moment and obviously will get someone in to do the work who is gas safe and knows about gas type stuff but just trying to work out my options.

Thanks in advance

hi depending on the boiler ...

example baxi you can go up to 10 metres. horizontal.

each elbow is added add 1/2 metre or 2 x 45 degrees etc .. there are loads of fluing options and different boilers have different max lengths . :)

so in theroy yes but the shorter the better for looks and also noise a long flue can often bellow. also the whole length of the flue should be accesable for inspection.