Conductive goo

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening all,
So got called out to a tripping mcb the other day, a bit of testing and breaking down of the circuit, traced it to a junction box under the kitchen cupboards. But what it was has puzzled me a bit, there is/was a problem with mice, plenty of dropping and a couple of decaying bodies too, occupier totally oblivious to the mice crap in cupboards! Any way there was this goo between the live and earth terminals, moved it away and thought I'll just test it again and fault had gone, so tested the goo and it was conductive and I was getting a reading like I was touching the my probes together but wasn't. Any way cleaned up, tested it all again, and was spot on, but intrigued if anyone knows what it could be, attached picture, is the stuff on the earth sleeve. Nothing within the junction box, so no suspects apart from the mice.
Cheers

Attachments

• 20231017_161246.jpg
    20231017_161246.jpg
    764.9 KB · Views: 1
I was thinking mouse love juice 😩 originally, but not sure. Been like it 10+ years I believe and only caused a problem in the last few days, so must be new.

Mice wee where ever they go, so I suspect they have weeed a lot on it. Hope you washed your hands before eating lunch 😃