EAL Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Technology (Electrical/Electronic)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i completed the eal level 3 in electrotechnical enineering this year and was told that it was the equivilant of a level 3 in city & guilds.. It was explained to me that it was used in the army and will be recognised in the same way as the city & guilds qualification... hope that helps. passed my 17th edition straight after and now taking my 2391 which i am told is changing in january.
Hi Fulham,

Did you meet the Level 3 entry requirements and go straight into Level 3 or did you complete Level 2 first?

Also do you know what sort of career you can get after Level 3?

Ah and I noticed you stated you completed EAL Level 3 in Electrotechnical installation, is that exactly the same as EAL Level 3 in Engineering Technology re-worded?

And lastly, was that equivilant to Level 3 City & Guilds 2330 Electrotechnical??

Sorry about the questions, I want to make sure before enrolling on Monday.

The course at level 3 gives you the qualification of level 3 electrician, the same as C&G but unfortunately you will not have had the on-site or vastly more practical experience as the city & Guilds route, to qualify for approved electrician status requires further monitoring of your work on site either by the EAl, your college or by the employer if they are registered or classified as a training company. I am doing my second year (level3) and expect to pass in June 2012, I am also studying the EAL NVQ in Engineering and electronics at the same time and hope to get the 17th Edition pass in before completing both courses. If you have the option of doing C&G then do it as I believe it is to be a more accepted and the EAL will be given lower accreditiation by electricians that have done the C & G route/Apprenticeship. The course follows the requirements of the 17th edition, but as employers are dubious, it is recommended to complete the 17th edition course in addition. Currently at college there are about 13 of 18 of us left and many on the course struggle and it is taking many resits to get them through the assignments/tests due to them not doing much study in their own time and not understanding what electricity is.