Earthing On Boats.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that, something new for me . I have never looked at 'boat electrics' and do not intend to in the near future.
I was asked if I could replace a depth sounder repeater for someone recently..

So a brand new repeater (NASA marine) to connect to a 30 year old Seafarer700... Seafarer have not been around for 20 years or so... After a quick phone call to NASA marine, they once made a comparable unit (15 years ago) but the new ones are incompatable.

The only positive is that the transducer will be compatable... I dont really want to be down in the bilges epoxying a new transducer chamber in

I was asked if I could replace a depth sounder repeater for someone recently..

So a brand new repeater (NASA marine) to connect to a 30 year old Seafarer700... Seafarer have not been around for 20 years or so... After a quick phone call to NASA marine, they once made a comparable unit (15 years ago) but the new ones are incompatable.

The only positive is that the transducer will be compatable... I dont really want to be down in the bilges epoxying a new transducer chamber in
Is that all in Welsh  :C    

Seriously good luck  but a thread like this has taught me i know nufink and should not even have a look at marine stuff even for a mate if it comes up.

Latest posts