Electric Radiators... are there any independent reviews!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt cawley

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just in the middle of converting and extending our detached garage to create a office/ summer room / space to escape the kids. Upgraded my incoming fuse to 100A with a view to upgrading the cable / supply to the garage.
the 2 rooms we create will be Approx 20m2 each so I am looking at a simple plug and play wall mounted electric radiator to drop in each area. Trying to find decent reviews for the various options on the market is surprisingly difficult Rointe / Ecostrad / Fischer etc all have wonderful reviews, all sponsored by their companies it seems!

I'd be grateful if anybody has any feedback & thoughts on products that could do the job... Complying with Building Regs means these spaces are super insulated, so just need something reliable for short bursts I guess.

Many thanks
Matt

Hi all,
Just in the middle of converting and extending our detached garage to create a office/ summer room / space to escape the kids. Upgraded my incoming fuse to 100A with a view to upgrading the cable / supply to the garage.
the 2 rooms we create will be Approx 20m2 each so I am looking at a simple plug and play wall mounted electric radiator to drop in each area. Trying to find decent reviews for the various options on the market is surprisingly difficult Rointe / Ecostrad / Fischer etc all have wonderful reviews, all sponsored by their companies it seems!

I'd be grateful if anybody has any feedback & thoughts on products that could do the job... Complying with Building Regs means these spaces are super insulated, so just need something reliable for short bursts I guess.

Many thanks
Matt
Stick a couple of AC units in there or even a dual split. Save £££££ in running costs and would be ideal in summer for cooling, winter for heating. Low current requirements too, probably no cable upgrade needed.

as above, go for air con units. far more energy efficient. you can also get them as a single unit that's inside only, has 2x large holes through the wall for air flow for what would normally be the outside unit

as above, go for air con units. far more energy efficient. you can also get them as a single unit that's inside only, has 2x large holes through the wall for air flow for what would normally be the outside unit
Me personally I would go for conventional split units rather than the all in one you describe. The noise of the compressor and condenser fan is moved outside, efficiency is also improved.

Me personally I would go for conventional split units rather than the all in one you describe. The noise of the compressor and condenser fan is moved outside, efficiency is also improved.

definitely, however at least with this one there is no messing around with pipework / F gases since its a complete unit

definitely, however at least with this one there is no messing around with pipework / F gases since its a complete unit
Very true but to counter the argument, it’s a much smaller hole needed in the wall, a neater unit inside and installation is dead easy, join the pipes, vacuum the lines, release the gas job done. About 30 minutes per unit, an hour at the most.

split units are better just not always the most practical. single unit is better as a DIY job. depending on layout & where its going, having 2 large holes through the wall may not be an issue. or there may not be space for the outside unit

Latest posts