Eu Vote

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should UK Remain in EU on the referendum.

• Total voters
Ok, well think about this one... All the political parties want us to stay in with dire warnings etc...

BUT, remember this, THEY ALL LIED, AND NOW, THEY ADMIT THEY LIED, to get us in... So, who but a fool would listen to them now......

john...
they lied to the Scots as well, look how quickly the promises made were back-tracked...

As Specs says , this the main point , we are not the experts , we only have opinions . We need more than just " Well they changed our cable colours so I'm OUT" 

Should the men enlisting in the army in WW1 trust politicians?

Should we trust them when invading Iraq & the weapons of mass destruction.?

Should the Thalidomide babies trust the experts ?

Shoud I have trusted them when we voted to join the EU ?
trouble is the experts are only giving opinions anyway, as they don't really know the answer. Buinesses will always vote for the status quo - stability is all that matters to them, where as change is hard to manage and predict.

I want change, the current situation isn't working for the common man. Can't see the financial institutions moving out of London, they are international players anyway. My only concern is some of the employment legislation that comes from Europe that protects workers rights might be undermined???

Ah !  Religion I should have known , the opium of the masses .         So giving that job number , and looking at it through a mirror , and pretending the 4 is an N  caused that icebrg to begin its journey into the shipping lanes ,  the speed and trajectory of the ship to  be pre-ordained, the departure times from Liverpool , Southampton and Cherburg to be controlled , the weight of the luggage and the coal to be set ,  the wind speed to be set  and the designer's brain to be taken over in order to prompt the captain into increasing the speed at a certain time during the journey.....................caused it to sink. ?

Not to mention those two twats messing about on the prow all time .   

Frick,  didn't know there was a website,

NO, it wasn't her hull number, as Evans suggests, it was her work number, or job number, 

Don't believe everything you read on t'internet, and yes, scrawl a 4 the way it would be chalked and it does indeed resemble an N when seen in reflection in an office window. 

It was the basis for the strike, so are you saying history is wrong,? Yes, history is written by the victors, but this is living history from when I was a kid.  

Strange place Northern Ireland.......

Was there a lot of unemployment in them days?? Knowing how they would be treated, why would a catholic apply for a job in H+W..

john..
A job is a job I suppose, 

Even now it goes on,

Ever see a wagon trailer with SDC on the back, or the mud flaps,?

That's South Derry Coachworks,  no protestants work there, the few that have had jobs there last week's at the most, 

Buses with a big W on them, that's Wrights, a very protestant place, not many catholics work there, there are a few, but not a lot. 

Don't believe all you see on TV, yes, in the main it's fairly well integrated, but there are still a lot, LOT, of no go places if you are the 'wrong sort' 

Yes!! I have seen trailers with the SDC!!

Why is it that, it is all "hushed up" now?? What i mean is, I and most other people i assume thought that it was all peaceful and sorted over there now, you never hear anything on the news, but is it Radishes!!, it is not as bad as it was, but still a very divided place with a lot of the old nonsense going on..

Do you think it will ever sort itself out?? What do you think is needed??

john..

Is it ok for us embattled left leaning Labour party supporters to start p****** ourselves at the Tories self imploding from within ? If you get the chance have a look at todays exchange between Cameron and Boris when the former was at the dispatch box announcing officially to the house that the date of the ref was set and that he recommends staying in.....I know I said im a bit weary of politics lately but I actually enjoyed that little spat and thought the atmosphere in the HOC looked/sounded electrifying. And this is only week one of the official campaign lol. I think they Cam + Boris should get it on in a celeb boxing match with the looser stepping down lol.

Yes!! I have seen trailers with the SDC!!

Why is it that, it is all "hushed up" now?? What i mean is, I and most other people i assume thought that it was all peaceful and sorted over there now, you never hear anything on the news, but is it Radishes!!, it is not as bad as it was, but still a very divided place with a lot of the old nonsense going on..

Do you think it will ever sort itself out?? What do you think is needed??

john..

on the whole john, it is peaceful,

even when it was on the national news regularly, places like where my mum lives largely remained ok, then again, it was a way of life for most people, so maybe it didnt shock so much,

I remember the wife going for the first time, not many years ago, she couldnt believe the amount of polis that carried guns,

its only very very recently that they stopped EVERY single officer from carrying a weapon, the majority still do mind.

several generations to forget and some decent prosperity to keep the young employed.

if only binky,

its ingrained into the society,

as I'm sure I've said before,

virtually everyone has been touched personally by someone they knew closely, or a family member being murdered or somehow involved, so it simply carries on ad-infinitum

its a self-perpetuating problem,

Is it ok for us embattled left leaning Labour party supporters to start p****** ourselves at the Tories self imploding from within ? If you get the chance have a look at todays exchange between Cameron and Boris when the former was at the dispatch box announcing officially to the house that the date of the ref was set and that he recommends staying in.....I know I said im a bit weary of politics lately but I actually enjoyed that little spat and thought the atmosphere in the HOC looked/sounded electrifying. And this is only week one of the official campaign lol. I think they Cam + Boris should get it on in a celeb boxing match with the looser stepping down lol.

Put a link to it...

john..

if only binky,

its ingrained into the society,

as I'm sure I've said before,

virtually everyone has been touched personally by someone they knew closely, or a family member being murdered or somehow involved, so it simply carries on ad-infinitum

its a self-perpetuating problem,
I had noticed. But the young, if not indoctrinated, would get over it pretty quick. Problem is no one is likely to leave them alone.....

One can but hope that eventually it will wear thin enough to no longer be an issue. The longer the 'peace' lasts the more likely that will happen. I am perhaps being too optimistic?

Yes, but the "young" are likely to be pretty carrotted off at whoever, shot at, blew up etc, their mum, dad, granny, grandad, etc..

Wonder if it is true that "joyriders" etc can look forward to a little visit from Martin, Gerry and the boys?? if it is, they should have that over here!!!

How do both sides get on with Muslims?? or are they just confused and do not know what to do with them. [I guess the ones that dress like welders have to be careful walking past H+W!!]

john...

Yes, but the "young" are likely to be pretty carrotted off at whoever, shot at, blew up etc, their mum, dad, granny, grandad, etc..

Wonder if it is true that "joyriders" etc can look forward to a little visit from Martin, Gerry and the boys?? if it is, they should have that over here!!!

How do both sides get on with Muslims?? or are they just confused and do not know what to do with them. [I guess the ones that dress like welders have to be careful walking past H+W!!]

john...
Joyriders, old ladies getting done over etc, yes, very much doesn't happen in a lot of places, 

But, if your car does get stole, and the polis find it, they won't recover it for you, they tell you where it is, you turn up to it, insurance won't pay out as you recovered it, some scrote will take a few quid off you so you can claim on the fire,

Drugs only get sold through 'approved stockists', 

Good friend of years back had his shop done over, went to his local MP, they brought a guy round to his shop the next day and the assistant recognised him, he got dumped outside the polis barracks minus his kneecaps, :eek:

And my mate didn't have to pay his 'dues' for the next month. ;)

Good friend of years back had his shop done over, went to his local MP, they brought a guy round to his shop the next day and the assistant recognised him, he got dumped outside the polis barracks minus his kneecaps, :eek:

And my mate didn't have to pay his 'dues' for the next month. ;)
Now only if the EU operated on such definitive terms!