Final Year Student Looking For Work In Lancashire (LA1)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebow72

Reaction score
Hello there, I know these posts crop up more times than a repeat of 'Top Gear' on Dave, but it's worth a shot....

I am Ian, currently on My Level 2 C&G 2330, passed all theory exams to date and have the 2 Practical exams to finish in May. I am hoping someone in my area Lancashire (LA1), is after an Electricians Mate, Helper, or Sweeper Upper for the foreseeable future. Part Time, Full Time, Temp, whatever gap I can fill. I don't even mind doing a couple of days unpaid to start. I just have the desire to learn and gain as much experience as I can and get myself into full time employment.

I am not claiming any benefits, so we have no worries there. I have a full driving license, own transport and CSCS (green) Card. Available to start right away. My Intention is to finish my level 3 at college in September, which is a day a week job, so wouldn't cut too much into my working week. If there is anyone in need of a bit of help, please e-mail me for CV or further details.

Thank You for your time,

Ian

It guts me to read posts like these.

I shouldn't even reply because when you see a reply here you'll probably think "Has someone offered me a job?" and it's just me waffling poop.

I'm not taking the mick, I myself have posted several similiar threads.

Keep plugging away mate.

Register with agencies (and follow them up every week!).

Pull out the Yellow Pages, phone, e-mail, post letters, visit in person and drop off your cv. Something will turn up eventually.

I waited 6months before something turned my way.

Good luck

Alright there, I appreciate the feedback, I am on the yellow pages route now, registered with a few agencies (which I don't think is the best option), e-mailing companies, also trying likes of hospitals, councils,universities, factories, everything I can think of that maybe someone else hasn't....even though they probably have..

There are 2 groups of 15 on my course, luckily for me, most of them are lazy and won't try looking for a job, so I am on it everyday..but hopefully with a bit of luck something will come good If I keep on it..

Thanks for the reply and I'll keep everyone posted...