GU10 LED's

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjo

Reaction score
I am currently in the middle of a kitchen rewire and the customer wants LED's in the down lighters. Can anyone recommend an LED to purchase which has the equivalent light output of a standard GU10 lamp?

I recently used the Kosnic 3 x 3W LED fitings (14 of them) on a kitchen job recently. The ceiling was at least 3m high, I spaced them at 1m and the light off them is great, the customer is well pleased with them, but.......

....they cost something like

I have some of the Phillips ones quite good but if your on a budget cpc has a good deal on them

I have fitted 9w led's before, as well as some custom made jobbies, this was for a major hotel chain who decided to cut back on the expensive electric bills. Problem with some fittings is getting the mains powered led's into standard fittings, there are however new fully intergrated led fittings that are fire rated as well, and the output is really good.

Kosnic 4W IIRC

or I have also got some CED 5.4W

the difference in the 2 types is indistinguishable, I have them both in the same room, kitchen/dining, albeit on different switchbanks, but they roll into each other,

Kosnics about 12quid [i think] , the CEDs about 9, IIRC.

both well recommended.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:18 ----------

oh, forgot to add, non-dimmable tho. :|

I've put in several Kosnic 5W and 4W, 5W being the closest match to 50W halogen.

Have a look at led hut online... These are the surface mounted device and are getting more and more popular... The good thing is they are

The Philips ones are the best in terms of reliability, brightness and colour reproduction (CRI). I wonder if the unbranded ones will last the 20,000 + hours they say their supposed to. Most of the Philips ones last 40,000 hours and come with a 3 year guarantee.

***Advertising Link Removed***

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts