Hampton Court Flower Show.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonor

Reaction score
Here's some pics of the Hampton Court Flower show before it was open to the public. One of my Clients are a chain of Garden centres, so they got us at very,very short notice to put some lighting onto their display.

Pontoon bridge over the "Long Water"

On the Bridge looking at the Palace

Some Garish bronze statues

The display under construction. Unfortunately the water feature sprung a couple of leaks, so we had to remove the lights from the water while they re-sealed it.

The lights set between the stepping stones.

Some nice pictures there. :) Do you get 'hard' power there or is it all supplied from generator set-ups?

All I can see is boxes with red "X's" in them. :(

Well I can see the pic's OK? :D :D:D

Do you have to ensure full compliance with section 711..

Exhibitions/shows & stands now or is this designed pre 17th ?? ?:| :|

Its all supplied via generators.

As for Section 711, are you asking whether we complied or the contractors who installed the site's power supplies? ?:|

I will be back there on Monday to remove the lights from the display, I shall get some more pictures, I would have got more, but the exhibitors were a little touchy about having their displays photographed before the show opened.

As for Section 711, are you asking whether we complied or the contractors who installed the site's power supplies? ?:|
It would be the responsibility of the contractors who supplied the power to comply with Section 711. You're just the end-user. :D

However it might be worth checking the size of the rcd's at the source of power. Although you should have them built into the generator.

All final circuits which are supplied from a three phase distribution board (one for each marquee) are protected by 30mA RCDs.

I would expect that the contractors have complied with section 711 and regulation 711.410.3.4 when it comes to the origin of the supply. :)

I will have a look at the generators when I'm next back there, There were plenty of them around... :D