I Don't Have Hot Water...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonjour ,

There is no overheat trip in there so thats ruled out .

Typical modern stat with no temp settings marked on it . 

I'm guessing that your flat electrics change over to economy rate ..usually at midnight  (00.00 hrs)  so your Newlec timer needs to follow that .

I'm not sure without looking where the setting fingers should be on your clock but it needs to switch on at midnight  for the cylinder to heat up during the night .

Economy  rate is usually for 7 hours night time . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe its that little black button between the two terminals, try pushing it in with a small screwdriver or pen.

Thank you all for your help.

I will go to my agency tomorrow and ask them again to have a look, I hope this time they will come.

I'll let you know!

Thanks again,

Eloise

Now, Eloise, hmm, it is like this.... I have this special "probe" you see, well anyway, it is important that i come in the shower with you, so as to be able to deploy the probe under actual working conditions....

{Hi Eloise, if you read this kindly ignore it!}

john..

Hello everyone!

This last weeks have been busy, sorry. I called my agency just after my last message to explain them the situation, and 2 weeks later an electrician came and solved the problem.
If I got it right, the heater from the bottom of the tank was on the lowest position, so it wasn't heating up more than 10° overnight. He had to pull it on a higher position.

After 3 weeks of pressing the boost button to have hot water, I finally have it overnight!

Thank you all for your help.

Enjoy your day!

Eloise

Yes I totally agree with you ! I was really annoyed.

The electrician came for the first time 3 days after my first complain but didn't see anything, so he did all the set up with the programmer and told me "now that should work tomorrow". The day after, still no hot water.

I kept going to their office everyday to complain but they didn't care, maybe they thought I was dumb and I was the problem, but I insisted, and the electrician came another time (so 2 weeks later) and this time he saw why it didn't work.

And do you know what the worst part is? They wanted me to pay the electrician! :slap   (but I didn't, since it wasn't my fault).

Well, the good point is that I'm over it now.

This one was nice, this isn't his fault he did the best he could.
I blame my agency  :innocent

For future reference, the trip button is the little black one between the live in and live out terminals of the thermostat.