Internet capable House Alarm.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJJ

Reaction score
I am after a new house alarm panel that has internet capabilities.

Preferably, I could use my existing sensors, which are the wired type and would need at least 4 zones.

I would like to be able to set, reset, switch off etc the alarm via the internet and receive messages when it has activated. SMS alert would be good too.

They seem very rare and the ones I have found tie you into a subscription with a company, which I am not interested in.

I have a CCTV system to fit that lets you do all this, so there must be an alarm system out there somewhere.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I don't think you will find one. Google "remote telemetry unit" we use these to monitor industrial control panels. I no its not the same thing but they might do something for alarms.

Or try ADT

Ah. I see. :)

I do work with alarms, maily large scale fire alarm systems, so I know there are systems for integration. I just can't believe that someone hasn't come up with a simple system that connects to the internet with it's own IP address, that you can connect to and arm/disarm the alarm etc.

I will keep looking.

There's quite a few like that on the market. I have fitted a couple of the systems you have linked to and was impressed, but i am quite sure there's no remote resetting etc. Any good system locks out faulty zones when resetting and has to be programmed to reset from 1-5 times & then lock out.

Most of the Honeywell galaxy range have the sms texting, for alarm activations.

There is a guy on YouTube who has managed to design a virtual keypad for some of the galaxy dimension range. If you search for smalarms ( all one word ) on YouTube you will see his post, he also has a link For the free software at the end of the video. This requires an additional Ethernet module to be added to alarm panel. I have also stumbled upon some listings on eBay from him , upon which he sells the Ethernet module pre programmed.

Sorry posting on my iPhone so will try and give links when I'm on computer tomorrow.

Hope this helps, always wanted to try his software but never found the time..

Found something on eBay he's selling

Item #: 270934605793

He's called galaxy_guy on eBay but his link to smalarms is on his ebay pages ,he's in Scotland maybe worthwhile giving him an email.

I know texecom do a ComIP module for their Premier Series. Not sure on the exact capabilities provided though. I know the Wintex software can connect for diagnostics... How you wanting to connect? laptop, phone???

Just had a look round it seems that you can fit an add on unit to the galaxy g2 panel that gives it Ethernet connection but reading between the lines it looks like u have to buy a software package that allows u to control it remotely