Part p test kit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunter

Reaction score
Called in to WF Electrical, and was offered a Part P test kit, Kewtech, socket and see, I think, seperates for

seems OK at that price,

I assume the loop tester has no trip lock function hence the price.

on the odd occasion I have to test a domestic with all RCD/RCBO protection and I have a meter with NO trip lock I simply R1 R2 it all and note as such on my cert.

any models of testers involved or such?

we know that, in the same way there is NO such thing as a 17th edition board,

I think its generic for a kit that can do all the tests required for part P compliance,

in a similar fashion that some test kits that were OK for 16th industrial are now unable to comply with the tests required.

I bit the bullet today and bought one of these test kits, seems very good for the money.

Contains PDIT360 insulation tester, PDL 310 Earthloop tester (non trip), PDRC 380 Rcd tester (1x, 5x and 1/2x). Test sheets, carry case, loads of leads and croc clips etc. Only draw back that I can see at the moment, is that the insulation resistance tester does cover 1000v, which isn't a problem if you only do domestic stuff. http://www.socketandsee.co.uk/c2/uploads/s_s%20cat%2004%2028.pdf

seems OK at that price,I assume the loop tester has no trip lock function hence the price.

on the odd occasion I have to test a domestic with all RCD/RCBO protection and I have a meter with NO trip lock I simply R1 R2 it all and note as such on my cert.

any models of testers involved or such?
Non trip earthloop tester! I know these testers look abit toy town, but my mate has been using the older earthloop and insulation testers for about 3 years now, and he's happy with them, works out about

These testers are ok, Socket and See was owned and run by one of the previous owners of Robin and he was super technical, and if i remember correctly invented or had the idea for D LOK

The only problem you might have (but might not) is that Socket and See do not exist any more so if it goes wrong you may struggle to get it repaired.

Please explain to me how "16th Edition" testers are unable to comply with the tests required? As far as I know BS61010, 61557 and GS38 have not changed in any way, so what exactly are you talking about?

The changes in the Regs may show different acceptable values, but the testers aren't limited to one or the other they can test anything provided their integrity remains constant

Please explain to me how "16th Edition" testers are unable to comply with the tests required? As far as I know BS61010, 61557 and GS38 have not changed in any way, so what exactly are you talking about?The changes in the Regs may show different acceptable values, but the testers aren't limited to one or the other they can test anything provided their integrity remains constant
Wasn't it due to the ability to measure phase rotation?

I don't think anyone said they didn't comply, just generally wondered why they said 16th Edition after this length of time.

I suspect the answer is that WF have had these on the shelf for some time or done a deal with the old owners of socket and see to clear inventory.