Tesco Going Down The Pan?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed flup,

Old Tessa Cohen would be turning in her finest gold plated grave :|

I get stuck in traffic on the Hornsey road every morning while they unload.

They never get a ticket.

Meanwhile the wardens are circling the hospital and schools looking for easy pickings.. easy pickings FFS! there's a huge lorry double parked in the middle of a busy junction every morning between 9.30 and 10.30am!

Ranting again... headbang

Last edited by a moderator:
In my immediate area we have the largest Sainsburys in the SE, and a very good COOP for small purchases - then Tesco's opened up a convienence store!

Next village down had 2 independent convinience stores - then both the COOP and Tesco's opened - 1 of the independents has closed already.

Planners need to be able to say NO on the basis of enough stores already and when the big guys talk about job creation - its all bxlls as it means other shops will close.

there is a large asda & morrison near each other here, and supposedly a tesco going to be getting built... all within 500mtr of each other. cant see that working out

They are axing stores and cutting jobs fast. Sainsburys and morrisons are doing the same!

Asda is part of Walmart so should be Ok for a bit.

It's like we've all woken up and can see their thieving ways and started to shop differently...

I keep meaning to try lidl but their car park is always full!

there is a large asda & morrison near each other here, and supposedly a tesco going to be getting built... all within 500mtr of each other. cant see that working out
And on that basis the planners should be able to say NO and mean NO

Tescos just don't know when to stop. Their greed knows no bounds
Actually I think they know that dominance of the UK will fail and store closures are now a must.

We the public can influence this too by boycoting them - I will NEVER use the Tesco's near me.

thing is, the land they want to use alreayd has lots of business on it.... they want to close a large timer place, few pubs, petrol station and a row of shops. meanwhile the council is continuing in their plans to 'remove' existing business to elsewhere. the town is already mostly dead, so after they finish their 'masterplan', there wot be anyone left to take any units / shops...

little map of how close they want to be

attachicon.gif
asda.jpg
Thats just plain stupid.

Is the site on the list they have now decided not to develop?

no idea. the council, although skint, are currently wasting £100 million rebuilding the town centre. but kicking everyone out to do so. so once its built, everyone will be elsewhere so the new town will be even more dead than it is now...

apparantly were getting a new library, and a cinema... even though there is a small one nearby, and a large one not too far away that also has free parking... of course, the other nearby shopping areas are always busy and not any empty shops... and they have free parking

We have the opposite problem down here Andy, because of the government telling all the towns & villages that they have to build more houses, they have done just that, but nothing else, so the amenities and roads are bursting and its becoming a very unpleasant place to be.

I got a right b*ll*cking off Mrs Flup coz I didn't renew my daughters swimming lessons on the day they gave us the slip to say what group shed be in, and when I did ring up the class was full and theres a waiting list! all the other classes have had just a handful of kids in so I didn't think itd be a problem.

and Mrs Flup returned from her exercise class in the next town along and said she was glad she went a little early as the queue to just park in the car park reached out the entire length of the access road, which is getting on for a quarter of a mile long

Sadly I had to pop in a Tescos today, noticed quite a large display near the front of the store, yes on January 17th they are pushing Hot Cross Buns.

Im not a religious sort but im pretty sure Easters nowhere near......

Sadly I had to poop in a Tescos today, noticed quite a large display near the front of the store, yes on January 17th they are pushing Hot Cross Buns.

Im not a religious sort but im pretty sure Easters nowhere near......
Corrected that... :lol:

Salisbury's are doing the same & the creme eggs are out already!

Now, stop all this silly talk, cos you are all wrong. Do you not read the papers???? Tesco going bust and a recession my arse!!!! David "to****" Cameron says that we are the most prosperous country in europe and will soon be as rich as america because that w** in the white house told him so and agrees with him too. There are more people got jobs than ever before, AND we have another chance to re-elect the to**** in a few months, are you lot never grateful!!!!! We have MUCH better industry than Germany, everyone knows that, and look at the brilliant education system. The schools are that good that Cameron himself did not know what the words "Magna Carta" meant.

We have a wonderful government and every reason to be grateful. We have the security people making plans to snoop round after the 2000 "jihadis" we let come back from Syria, AND, while on the subject, the government just gave Syria 600 million pounds "because it is cold in the winter there!!!!"

Be grateful and vote tory!!!!!!

john....

Latest posts