Wiring new circuit for Computers - Merton SW19

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johninlondon1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to arrange to install RFC for 20 computers (already purchased and in place) in our training company in Merton, London SW19, currently we have 1 x RFC on the ground floor but will 2 new RFC's installed be adequate with RCD's.  Need to upgrade 10 way consumer unit to accommodate 2 extra circuits.  Does this sound adequate or should I install 3 RFC''s just to be sure,  Maximum demand per computer is 4 amps and screen 1.5 amps.  Also is anyone spare that may be interested in quoting for the work as I am too busy to install myself.  Will this be adequate to stop Earth Leakages from the computers and tripping RCD.  We have just won TFL approval to deliver a new course, so I am looking to have this in place before Christmas 2016, we are also looking to achieve Pearson Testing Centre status very soon which will allow us to offer CSCS and possibly 17th edition courses..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just completed the very same thing in Watford only two weeks ago. Is there a server and data comms cabling? Floor boxes (false floor) or are we talking dado trunking? 

Well i can't do the job but our London office is in Merton so should you require any Testers then please do drop in  :Welcome: