Would anyone have had one of these ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I meant to ask on here but forgot ,  I do have one coming from ebay  but wondering if anyone has any of this stuff .

Its officially obsolete  but I discovered that the Crabtree Powerstar is the identical product . 

This is from a Siemens Panel board 601  that  we fitted  about 25 yrs ago , now bloody obsolete . 

IMG_20200204_143751.jpg

IMG_20200204_143809.jpg

Crabtree is now owned by Electrium, which is owned by Siemens anyway...
It gets confusing doesn't it  ...everybody seems to own someone else these days  .    It was only luck I found there was a Crabtree  matching the Siemens I was chasing .    I knew Crabo was owned by Electrium  after their  faulty Chinese breaker recall  exercise.   

So I intend to fit the Crabo  into the Siemens panelboard  .......do I then find an Electric Police Station  & give myself up as a contravener  of the mixed breakers law ?   :C    

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think so, didn’t someone post on here at last visit to this subject matter that Siemens have said that all their separate entities are interchangeable or am I way ahead of the fairies? 

Could have done ,  I don't remember  that TBH .    As you say  , if it is obviously identical  , just different badging , I think the judge would look kindly upon you .  

You just never know what you're dealing with ,  as I described before , we worked  at the M&B Brewery  , all day long  Golden 4 pint cans of Brew 11  went by on the conveyor , then suddenly they became dark brown ,  on investigation  they were Sainbury's Own Best Bitter    brewed in a country brew house   .   

Well...

There's always one!

I would just go to Siemens or Electrium technical and ask them what their form & function replacement is.

They are normally very helpful.

I would just go to Siemens or Electrium technical and ask them what their form & function replacement is.

They are normally very helpful.
The wholesaler did  Sidey ,     answer was short & sweet  ..."Obsolete for the last 20 years "   .  Not long after we installed the panelboard  really.  

With new machines in the pipeline I don't have time to worry about brand compliance  .  Mr Siemens will be joined by his cousin  Mr Crabtree .  

Thinking about it  I reckon whatever we'd have fitted back then would now be obsolete . 

The wholesaler did  Sidey ,     answer was short & sweet  ..."Obsolete for the last 20 years "   .  Not long after we installed the panelboard  really.  

With new machines in the pipeline I don't have time to worry about brand compliance  .  Mr Siemens will be joined by his cousin  Mr Crabtree .  

Thinking about it  I reckon whatever we'd have fitted back then would now be obsolete . 
I bet the wholesaler went to sales, not technical...

No  I made sure he went to  Technical he was the guy who "Knew everything "   apparently   , in Manchester I think  they were .  

What he didn't tell me was told to me at the Spaghetti Junction  electrics reclaimers  ....The Crabtree Powerstar  is the same thing . Also obsolete but two chances of finding one .  

Latest posts