Useless Tradesman

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bob, in your situation I'd keep my trap shut, get your time served,

then F off to a proper firm,

shaking the tree now may well mean a load of s**t falls on you, and you could lose your apprenticeship, imho.

head down

mouth zipped

lip bitten

see all, hear all say nowt!

when suitably qualified, get a glowing reference and then DO ONE!

just...having seen it so many times before
you may be able to BS them one about its for college for your final assessment they want to know how your employer feels about you,  ;)

Ooooo Family business ....grandson of owner .........  concur with the others ...keep it zipped ...finish training ....move on .

Many years ago ...went to work for a London firm at an Army camp ...... gave me all the shytte work for the 1st week  ..then armed with young apprentice , told me to wire the new barrack block ..........already tubed,  flush conduit , and plastered out .    Trouble was there were only two conduits leaving the board ..one lighting , one sockets .  But 3 light circuits on drawing  and two rings ......it transpired that the 2nd ring main was to pass through the 1st ring conduits until it reached the start of it's circuit . 

The lighting went to a flush conduit loopin box , about 6" up in the concrete with other boxes pinned to it ..all with spouts leading off .  So 3 circuits arrive at this box and travell through every other box in the damn place , some conduits had that many bends they were virtually unwirable !!

OK I was only 21 then but one thing I'd learned as an apprenti was how to chuck conduit in on new builds.   And it wasn't like that .

So I made my feelings felt about whoever tubed it  to the site forman when he said it was going slow .  Turned out he'd tubed it ...boss man turned up on Friday and invited me to move on .    Shoulda kept it shut .

trap shut and use the pillock as a benck mark for low standards. You can learn a lot from idiots, spend your days thinking of better ways of doing the job until qualified, then leave.

I have to agree with all the above... Keep quiet, keep your head down and complete your apprenticeship. Maybe even stay for a couple of years afterwards so that you don't look too fly by night for any new employer.

You never know, they might realise that he's useless but have a problem getting rid of him as he's family... They might just be waiting for you to be trained up so that they can progress you and train you up even more

I sometimes like working with people who have low standards.

Makes me feel better about myself

On a more serious note, +3 with Steps!

+2 with steps...

Don't rock the boat if they can chuck you overboard if the waters get stormy!!!
This makes me chuckle because i work for a boatyard haha

And aye I think my mouth will be kept shut, it's just hard sometimes when he thinks he's done a grand job and it looks like a pile of the brown stuff. Thanks for the advice though :) it will be taken on board :)

This makes me chuckle because i work for a boatyard haha

And aye I think my mouth will be kept shut, it's just hard sometimes when he thinks he's done a grand job and it looks like a pile of the brown stuff. Thanks for the advice though :) it will be taken on board :)
:slap