Charge Controller?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a decent charge controller for my off grid system ( :lol: ) Its only tiny at the moment but I will grow with time. I have a 10a one at present but could do with a 30a one with decent sized terminals and a digital display.

Any of you boaters or caravaners recommend a decent one??

:)

@Canoe Does he have a 1/11th share in the corner shop?

@Andy Was looking some similar to those but I was worried they might be a bit Chinese I you follow me??

Had a cheap controller before and I worked fine for a while then just stopped Couldn't read the instructions as they were to literal for me :(

The current one is good but only good for 10a, I trying to build up the guts of the system as I don't have the cash for panels and batteries right now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Canoeboy said:
Thanks canoe, I will look into those :)

almost everything is chinese anyway, but it works and does what its supposed to
If it works then it works but when it stops working and you can't understand the instruction manual then your forked.

The instructions on this one make no sense to me :C

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/80A-LCD-Solar-Battery-Regulator-Charge-Discharge-Controller-12V-24V-USB-/261359878809?tfrom=281391828746&tpos=top&ttype=price&talgo=undefined

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Stecca is german and very good, they make my inverter of choice for solar. Not familiar with paddlers stuff, and andy's looks mickey mouse to me, but probably works fine!

Stecca is german and very good, they make my inverter of choice for solar. Not familiar with paddlers stuff, and andy's looks mickey mouse to me, but probably works fine!
well its only to connect a small panel to my van batteries... doesnt exactly need to be OTT and high tech etc...