Just A Comment...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I see that the police have arrested the owner of a beauty slalon who posted on her facebook advertisment as follows;

“Blinks of Bicester are no longer taking bookings from anyone from the Islamic faith whether you are U.K. granted with passport or not,"

The police force concerned posted this on their website; [complete with the grammatical error]

"We have arrested a 43-year-old woman in Bicester today after a number of complaints about a racially abusive post on social media.
The woman was arrested under section 19 and the Public Order Act which relates to the display of written material which is threatening, abusive or insulting with the intention of stirring up racial hatred, and for producing malicious communications.
We take all such complaints seriously and will investigate.
If you suspect that racially aggravated crimes are being committed please report them to Thames Valley Police on 101"

No worries about those that stand in the street with signs stating; "behead the non believer" then????? Do not see then being arrested......

One law for them, another law for the rest of us..... Who the owner of "Blinks" chooses to serve is a matter for her.

She will of course be convicted, because today, anyone that defends "us" or christianity WILL be found guilty REGARDLESS of the law. You see, when interpreting the law, a judge must obey the following rules;

1, Words are to have their "ordinary" meaning. In other words, a reference to "animals" would be taken to mean dogs cats horses pigs etc, and not lions and tigers. This is why you would not be permitted under town planning rules [leaving aside other specific statues] to keep a 14 foot siberian tiger out your back!!

2, The judge is to look at the "disease which inflicteth the commonwealth" that the law was intended to prevent when interpreting it, the judge is to decide what it was that parliament intended...

I cannot see that the owner of "Blinks" did anything that was; threatening, abusive or insulting with the intention of stirring up racial hatred, nor did she; "produce malicious communications" she merely decided she would not serve these people.

BUT, as with political prisoner Tony Martin, she is going to be found guilty, trust me on that... [unlike those that as i speak are praising the Paris murderers]

john...

And quite right too. What a disgusting comment. Completely racist. all faiths have a terrible history. Does she do background checks on all her clients to ensure they are suitable?

Tried to build a church, dress in a "european way" have a pint of beer in one of "their" countries lately?? Not interested what they think, if they want to come to the uk, then do as we do, and that includes free speech and the freedom to serve and or associate with whom we please. I agree, all faiths do have a terrible history, things like the "crusades" were not much different to how ISIS conduct themselves now.

If i were not welcome in a shop, i would merely go to a different one..... There are many establishments that i would not be welcome in, do i make a big fuss about it?? no.

I was merely pointing out the differences in the police attitude towards people that stand in the street holding signs stating "behead the non believer" and beauty salon owners.

john..

Last edited by a moderator:
So are we suggesting that as this lady does not wish to do the hair of this particular group of poeple that she has no choice or the alternative is to shut shop? Well that theory would kill the free market in one easy swoop.

Facts are why can't she put a sign saying that? I drive around parts of London and always see hairdressers saying they will only do africaribbean hair or is that ok. So maybe this lady should just advertise who she will cut hair for or is that racist?

I'm with John on this issue.

We are no longer allowed to choose what we do.  This is no different to the cake shop that didn't want to make a wedding cake for a gay marriage, or the B&B owner who would not accommodate same sex couples.

It seems the "crime" of saying I don't want to serve that particular section of the community is upheld and with harsher punishments that the guy who goes around saying "behead the non believers"

To treat this as a hate crime is simply wrong. At no point did she say anything to the effect of she hates one particular religion, just that she does not want to serve them.

As above..... "all men are equal under the law" ...... Only some are more equal than others... compare the "jimmy savile" enquiries with those conducted in Rochdale.. Not quite the same rigor... care to explain why???

john...

There is a shuttle difference in the two comments:

1 - behead the non-believers

2 - I will not serve Muslims.

The first one is just an opinion. It is not targeting a faith in particular and has been worded very carefully.

The second one is clearly discrimination of a group of people because of their faith. This is protected in law. If she would have said "I think all non-believers in the Jesus Christ should not have their hair cut" no law would have been broken. The fact that she has targeted a faith for discrimination has got her in hot water here.

There is a shuttle difference in the two comments:

1 - behead the non-believers

2 - I will not serve Muslims.

The first one is just an opinion. It is not targeting a faith in particular and has been worded very carefully.

The second one is clearly discrimination of a group of people because of their faith. This is protected in law. If she would have said "I think all non-believers in the Jesus Christ should not have their hair cut" no law would have been broken. The fact that she has targeted a faith for discrimination has got her in hot water here.
I'd have to disagree with this, to my mind there is no difference between the two.

If the second comment is discrimination against a group of people because of their faith, then the first is discrimination against a (larger) group of people because of their many faith(s) (ie any non muslim faith).

To suggest that it's legal to say this because it does not target just a particular faith, implies that its also ok to say "We will no longer take bookings from non whites" because this statement is not targeting a race in particular.

I think I know exactly what would happen if someone were to post this third comment!

I'd have to disagree with this, to my mind there is no difference between the two.

If the second comment is discrimination against a group of people because of their faith, then the first is discrimination against a (larger) group of people because of their many faith(s) (ie any non muslim faith).

To suggest that it's legal to say this because it does not target just a particular faith, implies that its also ok to say "We will no longer take bookings from non whites" because this statement is not targeting a race in particular.

I think I know exactly what would happen if someone were to post this third comment!
It just says non-believer. They coukd ague they were talking about the tooth fairy.

Your second point I think iis not right also. Non-whites is clearly a racist view point.

I do so hope you're being ironic?

As for people's personal opinion, It's my opinion that people with signs threatening / suggesting to behead should be shot on sight. Ditto burning our flags in the street.
Although I find what these people stand for revolting what makes us different from them is the feedom to do these things. To be taken away and shot for burning flags is exactly how they operate. We are better than that.

Your second point I think iis not right also. Non-whites is clearly a racist view point.

But is it? Don't know about you but I'm not white I'm a pinkie colour but definitely not white how do I know? Because the painter used white paint to paint the wall and i couldn't hide against it.

In the same way that Afrocarribean,etc used to be called black people but now we are not allowed to call them that because they're not black. So that makes us all the same which is fundamentally what we are, all coloured!! Now our beliefs and views may be different. But a different view or belief in itself is not racist until it's used against another.

Canoeboy said:
Ok from the other end of the scale

Local shop in a local town near me, inhabited by 80% of the EU 

Shop has a sign up ENGLISH NOT WELCOME

All other signs in the shop are in the EU language

The locals have complained and the police are not interested

The local council has also had complaints, they complained to the police were not interested

And if your English and go in there you will not be served and will be thrown out

So how does that work then ? One rule for us and one rule for foreigners ?
You're kidding ....right ?