What's your favourite tool

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure there was plans for a forum wet tshirt competition last year, but it never went ahead on the basis that me and steps were the only participants :slap  

11kV is nicer than working on LV stuff. For starters it's dead, so no need to wear all the live PPE plus there's generally more room to move around in the joint hole. Plus I think the joints are more fun to do, there's a bit more to them than most LV joints. And who doesn't like to play with spiking guns? :D  

I enjoyed cable jointing in summer as much of our network was in the countryside, breakfast cooked on the fire devils. You could guarantee the foreman would show up just as the eggs hit the frying pan.

Winter, you can stick it, the mate bailing the hole out with the frying pan, me going ape sh1t as the waters getting near the papers.

I’ve not done a 11kV through joint for 20 years, the last one was on the side of this valley, about 30Ft above the railway.

BlackwellMill_zps75248447.jpg.0bdfe821e276840b12d0fa96f51ace1a.jpg

Re the picture in post # 105

So that's what Steptoe looks like, I always wondered. Now your turn miss S....

By the way, that picture falls into the "I wish I could un-see it" category.

Latest posts