A waste of time

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
A mate of mine from another forum is a police dog handler, last year he attended a call from a taxi driver who'd been robbed and beaten at gunpoint, it was about 01.15 am. He managed to locate the assailant, a 16 year old male, who promptly stabbed my mate, then stabbed the dog in the head and chest, they were both lucky to survive.A couple of weeks ago he was in court, he said he stabbed the dog because he was 'frightened', ahh bless him. Anyway it was sentencing day yesterday, they told my mate the result this morning, the little darling has got 4 months in prison and 4 months supervision!

Well that's it for me now lads, I'll make sure I never leave home without a blade in my pocket, after all if a villain who's commited other crimes can stab a police officer and only get 4 months, then lets be honest, if someone attacks me and I stab them then it's going to be sod all isn't it? What's the point of police catching offenders if some dimwit judge is going to let them get away virtually scot free.

At the moment a police dog is classed as property, not livestock, stab a pet dog and it's cruelty to animals, stab a police dog or even a police horse and it's just like breaking a window, the law is nuts.

I nearly always have a stanley knife, for work of course...

Actually I can't stand not having a small knife of some sort in my pocket. Just so bloody useful. I was raised a Scout and had loads of Bowie knifes / hunting knives for camping. They're essential tools for anyone who likes being outdoors.

I've generally got a Gerber multi tool on me. Got to admit that the Monday after London Bridge I went off site to the cafe and "forgot" I had a 14" podger slipped down the rule pocket in the back of the trousers! Just in case.....

If anyone is unfortunate enough to be arrested while carrying a blade, lets say a multi tool, or a small penknife( in my case I have a miniature stanley type knife on a keychain), my advice would be to opt to be dealt with at court,by jury. There are a couple of reasons for this and both are likely to see you not done for it. Point one, if you are carrying a small knife for your work, or just because it's handy, and have no intention of carving anyone up, then where is the problem? There are so many things packed in that stupid plastic these days that a knife of some description is a necessity! Don't forget that in years gone by almost all men carried a penknife, it was used for everything from peeling an apple to cleaning your pipe.

Point two, if one was to end up in court,simply ask the jury how many of them have a Biro in their pocket, most will have, technically they also are carrying an offensive weapon, Many years ago I was told how to kill using just such an item, simply ram it into someones eye! It will enter the brain and cause death fairly rapidly.

The definition in law of an offensive weapon is anything which may be used to cause death or physical injury, how many members of a jury would think of a Biro as an offensive weapon? Not many, yet as I have illustrated earlier it is possible to kill with one, so therefore technically it could be classed as an offensive weapon. Another commonly carried although little known weapon is your daily newspaper, if rolled up fairly tightly and used to hit someone in the stomach with a stabbing motion it is possible to take down a fairly large person, it hurts more than a punch! Does that mean a newspaper is also classed as an offensive weapon? By using the above examples it would be possible to illustrate to a jury that there are quite a lot of things which are carried every day by law abiding citizens that could technically be classed as weapons, it's clear that before a charge of posession of an offensive weapon is made, the reason for carrying the offending article should be carefully considered.In the hands of an ordinary woman, a rat tailed come is a tool for making her hair nice, that same comb, in the hands of a young mugger becomes an offensive weapon.

If anyone is unfortunate enough to be arrested while carrying a blade, lets say a multi tool, or a small penknife( in my case I have a miniature stanley type knife on a keychain), my advice would be to opt to be dealt with at court,by jury. There are a couple of reasons for this and both are likely to see you not done for it. Point one, if you are carrying a small knife for your work, or just because it's handy, and have no intention of carving anyone up, then where is the problem? There are so many things packed in that stupid plastic these days that a knife of some description is a necessity! Don't forget that in years gone by almost all men carried a penknife, it was used for everything from peeling an apple to cleaning your pipe.

Point two, if one was to end up in court,simply ask the jury how many of them have a Biro in their pocket, most will have, technically they also are carrying an offensive weapon, Many years ago I was told how to kill using just such an item, simply ram it into someones eye! It will enter the brain and cause death fairly rapidly.

The definition in law of an offensive weapon is anything which may be used to cause death or physical injury, how many members of a jury would think of a Biro as an offensive weapon? Not many, yet as I have illustrated earlier it is possible to kill with one, so therefore technically it could be classed as an offensive weapon. Another commonly carried although little known weapon is your daily newspaper, if rolled up fairly tightly and used to hit someone in the stomach with a stabbing motion it is possible to take down a fairly large person, it hurts more than a punch! Does that mean a newspaper is also classed as an offensive weapon? By using the above examples it would be possible to illustrate to a jury that there are quite a lot of things which are carried every day by law abiding citizens that could technically be classed as weapons, it's clear that before a charge of posession of an offensive weapon is made, the reason for carrying the offending article should be carefully considered.In the hands of a woman, a rat tailed come is a tool for making her hair nice, that same comb, in the hands of a young mugger becomes an offensive weapon.

UK has a lot to offer, but seriously.. at times like this I'm happy to live in US...

Last edited by a moderator: