Another uninstall problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I try to uninstall the MK catalogue ( emptying memory) it won't go away . Wife had a go and said you have to be the Administrator .

I look in "Windows Vista for Dummies" which says what a good idea it is to do this but doesn't tell you how to do it.

Then I see that when I click the Start button and a list of programmes appears, there is an icon picture of a cat which when clicked upon says Derek ..Administrator . So I added a password to that but it makes no difference .

I'm not bothered about the Admin bit ( enough trouble with the one on here) So how do I get shut of the MK Catalogue?? Any ideas ?? :C

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Monkey ..... a lot more help than that guy above you ....whoever he is ...can't handle a computer like us wizz kids ...logs in on an abbacus wired to a Morse key.

Since posting I looked again at the icon with the cat , gave it a password , restarted , uninstalled MK again and away it went . RESULT!!!!!!!

OSX = 999 I'd only use it in an absolute emergency
and like all emergency services it will be there to help and pull you out of the deep doo when your inferior equipment has let you down and you are in mortal danger.....

isnt that right son? :D