Been on the naughty step today šŸ™

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they vary wildly

pass one of those signs that tell you your speed every day. im my van, speedo needs to say 34-35 for sign to say 30. car is 32-33

many different factors taken into account
Agreed...

I have passed multiple signs with those green smiley face or red sad face plus speed reading, on single carriageway 'A' roads though villages that drop from either 50mph or 60mph down to 30mph...

And with my cruise control set to 30mph..
They nearly ALL say 28mph + thankyou + a green smiley face!!

My rule of thumb is that the road cameras are at least 2mph slower than my speedo..
But I'm not 100% sure which one is the most accurate??????????

:unsure:

Most speed cameras are set for the speed limit +10% to allow for speedo errors. I had a Norton Police spec motorbike for a few years, with a Police spec calibrated Speedo. It was interesting how many cars were doing under 70mph, as indicated by my Speedo, who were clearly 'doing the speed limit'. Exactly how accurate my own Speedo was, I don't know, but I would assume it was better than most.

I wonder if this might go the same way as the fixed cameras in London, where the High Court has found they are breaking the law by using this footage to prosecute drivers. I also agree with some of the above comments, where the camera doesnā€™t show the circumstances around the said offence!

My local plod have been asking the general public to send any dashcam evidence they have to prosecute motorists.
I will send a note to my local plod to ask them to come and do my job for me.

That said, theres very little you do to justify illegal / dangerous driving, some of the best ones seem to when car driver brake check HGV's and then get the back end of their car smashed in.
Reminds me of one a mate had many years ago, he was driving a fully loaded 20 ton truck down to Birmingham on the M6 and for some reason a police offiicer decided to pull him over the only problem was this officer didn't take account of the of the different stopping distances of a T5 Volvo estate and a 20 ton Volvo truck, having narrowly avoided rear ending the police car which came to a halt rather quickly then came the exchange when the officer approached the truck my mate opened up on him suggesting he went back to police driving school and asking how he would of explained to his inspector a damaged vehicle because of his stupid driving tactics, my mates parting words were get out of my way I'm going because I haven't got time to talk to idiots like you and he promptly drove away. Strangely he never heard any more about it probably because it could have been a bit embrassing for the police had it gone to court and he never found out why he was pulled over

Latest posts