Beko DTGC8011W Tumble Dryer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 35665

Reaction score
I have a Beko DTGC8011W tumble dryer and the capacitor has gone on it. I have got a replacement capacitor, but when I opened the dryer side panel, I can see the motor, but cannot see the capacitor. There is no inspection panel on the back of the dryer either. Does anyone know where the capacitor is located or have a repair manual, so that I can find the capacitor and replace it?

I have seen videos for other models of Beko dryer, but cannot find anything for this particular model.

I don't think it's worth getting someone to come at look at the dryer, as it would cost more than 50% of the price of a new dryer.

Any advice/help much appreciated

Most of the dryers and washers I've had the misfortune to work on the top comes off, (usually a couple of screws under the back edge and slide it forward), giving access to most of the wiring, etc.
If I'm allowed a daft question, if you can't find the capacitor how do you know it's faulty?

Most of the dryers and washers I've had the misfortune to work on the top comes off, (usually a couple of screws under the back edge and slide it forward), giving access to most of the wiring, etc.
If I'm allowed a daft question, if you can't find the capacitor how do you know it's faulty?
Easiest way to tell if capacitor has gone is the drum wont start turning when you switch machine on, but if you give the drum a push start, it will carry on as normal.

Exactly as Barx has replied above, is how I have tested and confirmed that the capacitor has failed.

So you have proved that the capacitor has failed, now all you have to do is find out which one you have and replace it with like for like. :) (You said you have a new capacitor, how do you know its the right one, if you can't find the existing one?)
If you still can't find it, go and ask on the UK white goods forum (As I first suggested)
You will never get an engineers manual for your appliance, as most white goods manufacturers sell the manuals to trade only, and yes there are hundreds of manuals