boiler with a difference wiring

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
I've got to look at a job next week intergrating a woodburning stove into the central heating. The owner is a plumber and has done all the plumbing and currently turns the pump on manually.

I'm thinking of live to a pipe stat to detect the fire being on, then to the motorised valve and pump. Anyone else had any experience of these? wondering if I should add a stat in to shut off the valve incase it gets too hot.

Have a look round heatweb.com and build one of their thermal stores with all the options he has. They then give you a wiring layout. An example would be to search for CXC-210-DBKDD-MIMZH and look at the wiring for that as it maybe what you want (solid fuel with overheat protection).

I've got to look at a job next week intergrating a woodburning stove into the central heating. The owner is a plumber and has done all the plumbing and currently turns the pump on manually.I'm thinking of live to a pipe stat to detect the fire being on, then to the motorised valve and pump. Anyone else had any experience of these? wondering if I should add a stat in to shut off the valve incase it gets too hot.
Need a bit more info about the pipe work /cylinder arrangement to give accurate answer...

Did one 18months back with log burner or oil boiler to heat a cylinder..

Then from that hot water, underfloor heat & towel rads.

In this case the wood burner was just gravity flow to water cylinder..

If the cylinder got to hot had a thermostat high up on the cylinder to switch on a pump to dump heat off to the Two bathroom towel radiators..

But there was also a pipe stat on the towel rads in case the towel rads got too hot..

In the event of cylinder & towel rad dump getting too hot think it would then just go off on some pressure relief boil over pipework..

But the lengths of pipe run from log burner & furthest towel rads would allow a lot of heat to be dissipated anyway.

These were in addition to the standard thermostat control for the bog-standard water & underfloor heating to turn on the oil boiler if the log burner not running..

Also the cylinder was a slightly non standard jobbie with two coils inside it..

So really could do with knowing how the plumbers has it connected to the main water/heating system???

:coffee

Don't know if I'm allowed to advertise on this site ** but I've been doing this for years. My site, goes through the ins and outs and we supply a controller for the electrics. Plumbing is via a neutralizer which we don't supply. Also try the patent office web site for some weird and wonderful solutions.

Cheers. Chris

** edit.

our T&C's are available for all to read..

vBulletin FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts