BT Open Reach - rant time

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A few weeks ago my customer got in contact with BT open reach to get a new master installed from the pole in the road.

Nice lady asked for photos and included a reference number for the call

The photos were sent, nothing comes back, chased by email - nothing

On her email no contact number

The email does say “infrastructure solutions customer services”

So what next ?

Any thoughts?

Why are these companies not including phone numbers on their communications?

Who did she actually call? It's just that Open Reach work for any service provider, they don't work for "Joe public"
Your customer should call her phone provider and ask them.

Yes, I know it's confusing, but since they became 2 companies (2017) One has to ask the other to do something.

It might also be that they are planning on upgrading soon, so will not install anything. The pole over the road from me is now full fibre ready. Any new connections are fibre, which will not work on "old sockets"

Murdoch said:

They don't. Sadly, it's very common.

A few weeks ago my customer got in contact with BT open reach to get a new master installed from the pole in the road.

Nice lady asked for photos and included a reference number for the call

The photos were sent, nothing comes back, chased by email - nothing

On her email no contact number

The email does say “infrastructure solutions customer services”

So what next ?

Any thoughts?

I even got caught out when my phone line dropped out, called Talk Talk who then contacted BT . They called to the house , put their test set in to the phone socket , phone line was fine. £60 thank you very much.
Were now full fibre to the house with Vodafone.

Yep down to whichever service provider they choose to supply the service. Depending on the area you might get a new analogue line installed but its very doubtful. Will probably end up with a fibre connection and router to provider VOIP. Even if no broadband is being supplied.

If they already have phone and broadband then now is probably a good time to upgrade to fibre if its available in their area.

On the fibre install, they dont remove the old phone line from the pole to the house. Or at least they didnt with mine !

Latest posts