Clicking noise within ceiling void

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are the same on the landing but I have one in the bedroom that clicks twice. Drives me potty. Just too lazy to sort it šŸ˜œ
Mine doesn't bother me, it's mostly downstairs anyway in the hallway. I won't be sorting it out anytime soon as it would mean lifting solid oak flooring.

In case anyone is interested, it's what happens when you run heating pipes through wooden joists unsupported, and they rub on the wood as they expand.

Mine doesn't bother me, it's mostly downstairs anyway in the hallway. I won't be sorting it out anytime soon as it would mean lifting solid oak flooring.

In case anyone is interested, it's what happens when you run heating pipes through wooden joists unsupported, and they rub on the wood as they expand.
The very easy solution is to insert a bit of felt or hessian, or similar between the pipe and the wood. Check also that branches aren't trapped and can move as the longer pipes expand. If designing a layout from scratch avoid long straight runs. (All learned the hard way!)

Latest posts