Danlers CEFL Pir doesn’t trigger

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mootaw

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’ve recently replaced my PIR in my shower room it’s been replaced and wired in exactly the same as before when turning power back on at fuse board then walking into Shower room light triggers the once then goes off but then won’t trigger again am I looking at a faulty unit or am I missing something. Thanks for any advice.

Thanks for your help. Black flex is the PIR

Attachments

• DD400850-B7A4-444B-B001-AAAA1587C2A4.jpeg
    DD400850-B7A4-444B-B001-AAAA1587C2A4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Black cable is the PIR it’s a sealed in so already wired up into PIR by manufacturer. White cable goes to the low voltage halogen lights that PIR should turn on.

Attachments

• 2A8A368E-B0DB-4008-8980-5D86F80C2221.jpeg
    2A8A368E-B0DB-4008-8980-5D86F80C2221.jpeg
    771.9 KB · Views: 0
He’s already adjusted lux
Sounds like a duff one. I’ve had a couple recently. Replace with another one? Do you have any others in the house you can experiment with

Hi All,

I’ve recently replaced my PIR in my shower room it’s been replaced and wired in exactly the same as before when turning power back on at fuse board then walking into Shower room light triggers the once then goes off but then won’t trigger again am I looking at a faulty unit or am I missing something. Thanks for any advice.

To expand on Murdoch's back to basics comment above.....

Possibly you may have replaced something that was not faulty?
and now still have a different fault causing your problem?

Test the new PIR on a worktop connected to a plug & lamp holder to see if actually does work?
(some lever Wago connectors a great help for quick temporary testing)

Latest posts