Detectorists .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres always the only  half decent sit-com to come from the US  ....Frazier .... some good character roles & writing  in that  .   

Friday night dinner is very good
Thats worth it if just for the neighbour & his dog.  

For Drama  you could try  "Lark Rise to Candleford"  

Comedy , how about  "Blackadder "   which got better as it went along .        And the famous ending to the  World War 1 series is one of the most poignant moments in TV history   as they cleverly  wound down the comedy in the last two minutes  before going over the top......  The Hugh Laurie character says "  I say Sir , I'm er , I'm scared "      Then Baldrick ,, "I'm scared too Sir "  then ...in case you've not seen it  I'll say no more ,   other than  its a tear jerker.      

Last edited by a moderator:
Our family viewing last week was a binge of "Picard" on Amazon - to be recommended if you are a trekkie!

Abandoned Engineering is also worth a watch too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the suggestions. lark rise to Candlewick? I dont think so. Designated survivor, I had the flu  couple of years ago and we had access to Netflix and as I was up most nights I made my way through that series. Very good. Watched most of the abandoned engineering, how is it done, basically anything about manufacturing or scientific is sky plussed by my son (High functioning autistic) so he's always gor something recording - not sure about the drain the oceans, but he likes it.

Came across a good series last night called Mister Winner. only seen one episode so far but looks promising.

Uncle I enjoyed. Equal measures of dark and light. 

Bad Education did it for me too. Fresh Meat...

The Orville if you like sci-fi. A Million Wsys To Die In The West. Seth Macfarlane is a genius imo. 

I think that possibly the best EVER is the fashion show...watch it and you will know why

Ooh! Hard pushed to choose my favourite episode. The caravan one with Jay's Dad in the karzi, Peado Kennedy, Big John eating two yoghurts...

Quite liked the first film too, Mr Gilbert's leavers speech is just brilliant.

Can't recall if White Gold has been mentioned? A couple of the Inbeweeners actors in it (Jay & Simon playing to type tbh). About the rise of the double glazing industry. If you lived the 80's yuppie explosion and had a Ford Orion it'll hit the spot!

And if you can find it, Way To Go. An underrated gem imo. 3 friends set up a euthanasia business for elderly customers. Cancelled by the BBC for a second series on the grounds of bad taste apparently. Stars Blake Harrison (again ex the Inbeweeners but he's very good).

https://m.imdb.com/video/vi454147353?playlistId=tt2407838