Dishwasher socket

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artychokes

Reaction score
Hi I am looking to fit a dishwasher under the worktop in my daughter kitchen would it be ok to fit a surface mount 13amp socket and the correct length of this cable

Pitacs 3 Core 3183TQ White Heat Resistant Rubber Flexible Cable - 2.5mm² and then fit a 13amp plug to plug into an existing socket as the kitchen is tiled above the work surface, tia

If you intend to use a 13A plug then the maximum size of cable should not exceed 1.5.

For your new socket use a cable gland with the sort of box which has knockouts, so that the connections can't be pulled. 1.5 mm cable should be quite adequate for a dishwasher. Use a good quality plug and make sure the existing socket is in good order, i.e. no sign of overheating. Doesn't need to be heat resistant flex, (unless you are running it past a heat source.)

For your new socket use a cable gland with the sort of box which has knockouts, so that the connections can't be pulled. 1.5 mm cable should be quite adequate for a dishwasher. Use a good quality plug and make sure the existing socket is in good order, i.e. no sign of overheating. Doesn't need to be heat resistant flex, (unless you are running it past a heat source.)
Ah ok brilliant thanks for that I had read so many things saying about dishwashers and not using extensions that helps alot👍

Latest posts