Electric power more sustainable than...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone catch  that report early this week ,  some bloke demanding more benefits  because he finds he now has   seven children  and he can't feed them and they'll be having a poor Christmas .

They opened the phone lines and a bloke  says  " can't someone go round there and tell him to stop having kids he can't possibly feed & clothe " . 

The bloke is about 25 and has 7 kids .......... neither he nor his misses (allegedly) have never worked, let alone paid any tax.

Just imagine how many kids they will have by the time they are 40 ............

This just about sums up broken Britain.

that's non-sense, they have only capped benefits for families who don't have kids already as far as I'm aware. If he's had more kids since the cap, then he's a twot of the highest order, but his benefits for 6 kids should stretch quite easily.

The cap does affect existing families, and is supposed to be capped at £2K benefits per month - so more than the average person takes home.............

If benefits continue to be paid out to such families they will never get jobs, and the kids grow up believing that working isn't a priority (or worth it)

It’s about time they scrapped benefits, see how quick they go out to work then. Oh and stop having children they can’t afford. Oh and stop spending the money they haven’t got on tattoos. 

It’s about time they scrapped benefits, see how quick they go out to work then. Oh and stop having children they can’t afford. Oh and stop spending the money they haven’t got on tattoos. 

The biggest con is tax credits ...

work 16 hours to be eligible to claim

only worked income is counted - so maintenance payments are not included

increase your income - why bother if the tax payers are going to give you tax free cash

talk about a kick in the goolies for the hard working people of this kingdom

So would you stop my disability payments? I’ve paid more than my fair share in to the system, to get anything back I had to take the DWP to court twice.

I was forced to retire at 56 due to ill health, all I could get was “job seekers allowance”. Three years of fighting made my health worse.

Many milk the system and get away with it, those that need the system are let down.

So would you stop my disability payments? I’ve paid more than my fair share in to the system, to get anything back I had to take the DWP to court twice.

I was forced to retire at 56 due to ill health, all I could get was “job seekers allowance”. Three years of fighting made my health worse.

Many milk the system and get away with it, those that need the system are let down.
I’m not for stopping benefits to those deserving of it - what do you think I am an animal? - but we have got to stop this attitude of nil responsibility.

i have no problem with supporting those that genuinely are unable to support themselves. 

But, do not allow school leavers to claim any benefits until they are 35, that should stop casual sex for babies and benefits. So it may mean that the parents will have to either support their children or install an attitude of work or go hungry. I see this as a win win scenario, it will make parents more disciplined and reduce the population. Of course we would have to carry this attitude through to those whom have entered our country or entering our country, something which should be a little easier after Brexit? 

if you can work but are too lazy then no benefits of any kind should be given. this would then allow more money to be given to the likes of you and many others who genuinely need it

but since youve worked and paid your taxes, youre not allowed to claim anything

if you can work but are too lazy then no benefits of any kind should be given. this would then allow more money to be given to the likes of you and many others who genuinely need it

but since youve worked and paid your taxes, youre not allowed to claim anything

One of the fundamental problems with the benefits system is that those who are devious and want to play the system can obtain cash that they can spend on non-essentials.

I would have thought that in our modern computerised world it would not be beyond the realms of possibility to ensure benefits are only spent on essentials, i.e. rather than cash, some type of credits for Gas/Electricity/Water/Rent/Children's clothes/formal education\training,  with actual values based upon statistical averages for the postcode area that you live. Or supermarket credits for essential foodstuffs, not beer, fags Sky TV & Mobile phone contracts. etc..

Doc H.

Benefits for the deserving  , yes  .       But stuff like  becoming pregnant,  now a single Mum  , council  has to house you somehow   , all wrong . 

Keep having kids & drawing child benefit  as a lifestyle  ....no way .     Stop ALL  child benefit except for the needy  or restrict to one child .   Theres whole estates here full of kids I pay to feed & clothe  ...if you worked you wouldn't keep having them . 

Certain immigrants from certain parts of the Caribean   carry on a lifestyle of impregnating girl after girl  , leaving each to fend for themselves   ( Fed by us)  and not paying to support any of them ,  its a machismo thing  which pees me off , . Not racist , just saying how it is . 

Last edited by a moderator:
when you understand the benefits and tax credits systems, you realise that these are not only supporting people, but actually holding them back from working more and / or getting a better paid job.

No wonder social mobility has stalled

this is very true, I've done a few jobs where people want to work, but if they sign off for a few weeks work, they can't get any money for 5 weeks, so risk becoming homelless. 

I also think it fair to say we should not be propping businesses up by subsidising the low wages they pay their staff. 

One of the fundamental problems with the benefits system is that those who are devious and want to play the system can obtain cash that they can spend on non-essentials.

I would have thought that in our modern computerised world it would not be beyond the realms of possibility to ensure benefits are only spent on essentials, i.e. rather than cash, some type of credits for Gas/Electricity/Water/Rent/Children's clothes/formal education\training,  with actual values based upon statistical averages for the postcode area that you live. Or supermarket credits for essential foodstuffs, not beer, fags Sky TV & Mobile phone contracts. etc..

Doc H.

I can just imagine the screw up the DWP would make of this. It would equate to a secondary currency with an even more incompetent treasury.

Latest posts