Electric Towel rail connection

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Eyup,
Im now into installing some ensuite electrical wiring for a client.
I have first fixed all of the electrics as in Extractor fan, isolator, shaver point lights and switch.
Then there is the electric towel rail which comes with its own flex. as far as options go I have already prepared a supply from a fused spur, outside the wetzone so realise I need a connection point where supply(FTE), will be terminated with flex.
I was proposing to extend the flex, inside some conduit to a connection point outside the wetzone as this would allow future access, inspection and not need to be maintenance free. The client/builder does not want this, so I suggested, a junction behind (Silicon surrounded tile - not grouted) so could be accessed and made good once inspected/changed......or a magnetic attatched tile perhaps. Again not wanted by the client.
The towel rail is on the most awkward end of the ensuite, so the flex wont reach the outer room area as mentioned.
Ive used the on site guide and part 701 of our bible.
I have a couple of more ideas but would appreciate any other options I may not have considered.

cheers n stuff

Leigh

Status
Not open for further replies.