Electrolux dishwasher

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Reaction score
Hi

We have an integrated Electrolux dishwasher. When we power it on, it runs for a while but water is standing in the bottom of the unit and eventually into the reservoir and the anti leak cycle kicks in.

However the dishwasher drain pump does kick in and all the water from the bottom of the dishwasher does drain away (no flow back).

Any reason why the dishwasher overloads with water, trips the anti flood, and then pumps water out?

Cheers

Water level sensor? Usually measured by pressure on a diaphragm.
We did have a similar event with an Electrolux dishwasher that resulted in an error code. A friend of mine who was a white goods engineer said pull it out, looking from the front roll it anti clockwise 4 x 90 degrees, pausing on each side and top for 30 seconds. Sceptical as I am, I tried it and it worked, it ran on for another 8 years or so, only being replaced when we had a new kitchen. The explanation was the level sensing was in a large plastic tank on the side of the housing, it collected heat from inside. The design of was such you could get an airlock and rolling it over bled the air out. If yours has a similar design it may work, who knows but worth a try.

Last edited:

Latest posts