Ever wondered how to make home made Fireworks?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Not something I would do, or recommend.

But; Below is an actual chemist who, not only made a beautiful firework (not to clever doing it indoors), but he added a "Whistler" to it, too.

Naturally sound has to be up, but not too much as the whistle can be loud and annoying.

Admin.

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=717vb7kLKKk&hl=en&fs=1& allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

we used to make them as kids,

fireworks were illegal in NI up until fairly recently,

we used to use loadsa different stuff from opening up shotgun cartridges to certain types of hand cream and fertiliser,

iron fillings and food colouring for the sparkly stuff etc,

never made whistlers tho.!!! that is good. :)

:slap :slap:slap:slap:slap:slap bad day explodebad day explodebad day explodebad day explode what can i say but what a pillock lighting that so close, did you see how he jumped into the curtains literly it bleeding made me jump tho, couldnt stop laughing, mind you had to watch it 3 times and im still laughing :slap

we used to make them as kids,fireworks were illegal in NI up until fairly recently,

we used to use loadsa different stuff from opening up shotgun cartridges to certain types of hand cream and fertiliser,

iron fillings and food colouring for the sparkly stuff etc,

never made whistlers tho.!!! that is good. :)
I remember when we were young and Bangers were real Bangers...

You could poke em into things and do a proper explosive demolition job...

OR....

Split em open and extract the power for more interesting explosive experiments...

I bet Deke remembers the old days when fireworks were proper fireworks! ;) :C

You just know something bad is going to happem when they play dual of the banjo,s

ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

Best fireworks I was taught to make involved cracking the caps off 7.62 rounds & sparking off in the rear of a bedford wagon.

we used to use loadsa different stuff from opening up shotgun cartridges to certain types of hand cream and fertiliser
Had to search for the bigger versions that were made......... " Felix I've found one"

ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLBest fireworks I was taught to make involved cracking the caps off 7.62 rounds & sparking off in the rear of a bedford wagon.

Had to search for the bigger versions that were made......... " Felix I've found one"
all you need is a barley grinder...............

and a few gallons of red diesel................

tho be be honest ours were on a much smaller scale, same principle I suppose though.

common knowledge on how to blow a bin to bits round our way,

so maybe it was a double edge sword making 8 year old kids learn the basics just for a decent firework.........

got to the stage I was able to fire a loaded tennis ball skyward (mortar like) for about 400' before it exploded in a shower of colour, all about fuse timing and loading the cut off downspout right.. :D

Latest posts