First aid for sparks?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been looking for a while to find a fist aid course with a bit of an extra focus on electric shock, burns and other construction related stuff like serious cuts and falls.

In a previous life I was a mountain guide (of sorts) and more than once had to deal with seriously injured and/or unconscious casualties. I used to do mountain first aid every 3 years for that and I was so glad of the knowledge and practice when I needed it.

My training is now way out of date, never really dealt with electrocution anyway and also my new guy has never done a first aid course so I am feeling a bit underprepared if anything does go wrong. It's all a bit easier in a city of course, but those first few minutes still make all the difference even if help is on the way.

I don't need any specific qualifications as I'm self employed, just want to get a decent chunk of knowledge and hands on practice for the money

At the moment I am looking at two options - just book in on standard emergency first at work (1 day) or try to get a few Bristol people together and book a bespoke course (needs 6 people to be worth it I think).

Anyone have any other suggestions? Anyone in Bristol area fancy joining in for a course?

Going back about about 15 or 20 years or so and I was organising a first aid courses for a group of us and it was the basic 3 years refresher with an extra 1/2 day (might be wrong with that bit) to cover additional electric shock first aid this bit covered AED and oxygen administration.