Google Translate App - AI Based

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Before I disappear again I thought I would share something amazing. How many time have you bought from China or elsewhere and the writing is foreign and cannot be read? Well no more, download the the app and using the camera hover it over the writing and behold the unintelligible reads in English. Amazing! The app comes as standard I believe with iPhones.

Before I disappear again I thought I would share something amazing. How many time have you bought from China or elsewhere and the writing is foreign and cannot be read? Well no more, download the the app and using the camera hover it over the writing and behold the unintelligible reads in English. Amazing! The app comes as standard I believe with iPhones.
You're not wrong; it works very well.
I used it a lot when delivering training on machine safety in China!
What I can't confirm is if it comes standard on iPhones, as you used the Google version.
I did use an iPhone in China, but I'm not sure if the app was already on the phone, if it was Google, or if I even used Google translator app, or another one.
I had a human translator too, and between us and the app we translated a lot of the text, and the translator said that the app was very good.

To be honest, I don't know either. I was given the heads-up about the tech whilst visiting a friend. She demonstrated it on an iPhone so I assumed it was already there. Perhaps she installed it? I have access to the free versions of ChatGPT and Bard and I intend to explore when I get a mo how the tech can help electricians however trust is an issue as answers will need verifying so its not to be undertaken lightly.

The fact the manufacturers instructions are only in Chinese or poor Chinglish will no longer be an excuse for not following them....:)
Exactly! I have been emailing a Chinese OEM for a turnkey battery charger. Worryingly they said the modification wasn't a problem and wanted me to pay without using escrow. So I declined. I had asked for the current charge curve which they did not publish. Eventually I got one with English and Chinese captions. I used the app to translate the Chinese and it mentioned a lamp. So I said what has the charge curve got to do with a lamp. No answer, it was clear I was able to read Chinese and have not heard back from them. They were taking the piss and the app saved me a lot of trouble.

Latest posts